Sophie - She's Gone :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ivermectin from the vet is great too. I really don't like the horse wormer. And it's safe for 2 months old too.

She looks great... same as Toby, he looks wonderful, no puffy coat.
I'm like that too... no cuddling with the bf during a movie, it's prime time to play with rats. LOL

Slapdash said:
Ratty Momma said:
Sleepy baby :heart:

IMG_1869.jpg

Full From Food :giggle:

She is so sweet! :heart: I'd like to nominate this one for RPOM! Any seconds?

:bump:

Cause it's twoo pages back, and it was only yesterday :giggle:

What a great system you have with the coroplast and a little door for the food/treat. How tall is the coroplast?
Was that little miss Sophie looking a bit confused at times?

jorats said:
What a great system you have with the coroplast and a little door for the food/treat. How tall is the coroplast? Was that little miss Sophie looking a bit confused at times?
4 feet! Yes, that was Sophie ...i think my vet and Victoria were right ..i think she may be in very early stages of PT.

Edit: she has always been a head swayer (beige/dark red eyes)

Ratty Momma said:
4 feet! Yes, that was Sophie ...i think my vet and Victoria were right ..i think she may be in very early stages of PT.

I was going to say... looks like it. :( but on a good note, it might be very slow growing and the pred should help.

jorats said:
Ratty Momma said:

I was going to say... looks like it. :( but on a good note, it might be very slow growing and the pred should help.

I hope she will be with us for a while :(

I'v never had a rat with PT before ..anything I should know?

The only sign she has atm is being confused.

Ratty Momma said:
jorats said:
[quote="Ratty Momma":vehwtt6p] 4 feet! Yes, that was Sophie ...i think my vet and Victoria were right ..i think she may be in very early stages of PT.

I hope she will be with us for a while :(

I'v never had a rat with PT before ..anything I should know?

The only sign she has atm is being confused.[/quote:vehwtt6p]

So far, we've only seen very minimal symptoms so lets hold off on what to expect for now.

Some Things I have Noticed Lately/Tonight:

The past couple of days, shes been sleeping very soundly ...and when she first gets up she stretches alot ..not owie stretched tho ..then she will be fine and then all of a sudden stretch again
She has been walking close to the ground
Sometimes when she cleans, she fall over (only seen tonight)
She eats with both hands resting on the ground (seen tonight)

Sophie has VERY little movment in her forelimb this morining. She is compltly lifeless, won't take food or ensure. She's just stitting on all fours.

:sad3:

she was fine last night running around ..even in her cage ..I found her like this when I got up ..she was in the green tube with scamp ..breathing is squeaky ..heart is beating hard ..not fast

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/zz58 ... I_2062.mp4

:sad3:

i just syringed fed her baytril mixed with ensure. She tries to use her front paws, but can't ..still just sitting there, eye squuinted ..She pooped once.

I'm on chat if anyone sees this.

I got about a syringe full of ensure into her.
when I hold her up she cleans her face.
she attempted to walk around, but kept falling over.

She has been on pred 3 days at 0.65 once daily (at night) ..I was told after 3 days move to 0.3 for three days with a reck.
Baytril 1.2 (50 mg/ml diluted to 25 ml) twice daily.

The initial amount my vet wanted for pred was 1 ml for three, then 0.5 ml for three ..but it was too close to the LD50 ..so I went with the higest recommended dose.

She's gone :sad3:

We brought her down to the vet, he said it looked like PT ..she had lost all balance, no movment in her fron legs, very little in the back.

We decided to have her pts, and let her rest.
I'll have her memorial up shortly

:heart: R.I.P lil Sophie, play your hardest at the bridge.

Back