Secret Santa 2010

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj

Join us again this year for the 3nd annual Rat Shack Secret Santa.
We are going to be doing things a little bit different this year. MomRat has graciously offered her services and since she is in the US, and I am in Canada, I can pick for the US names and she will pick for the Canadian names. Since last year, Chelle and I had to purchase gifts for two seperate people that said they would be in it, but bailed, we will be requiring a delivery conformation number. It's free in Canada and less than a dollar in the US.

If you are not in the US or Canada, please feel free to join and we can get something out to you as well.

Please PM MomRat and myself if you are interested.

We will need your basic information, name, address, etc. Number of rats you have. Sexes. And anything on their wishlists.

I then compile a list of those that are interested and match you up with someone that has a close number of rats to you (so if you only have 2 rats, you most likely won't have to buy for someone that has 20).

I will keep the secret santas within the same country for customs purposes. We will be spending approximately $20-$25 (not including shipping) on the presents.

Everyone that is interested will need to have all their information to us by November 1st.

This worked out amazingly well last year and we all had so much fun!

So, everyone sign up!

This is an amazing idea! I don't have any ratties yet, but won't have more than two when I do adopt, so is it alright for me to PM you my info already?

Well, if the drop in temperature and the early darkness hadn't already clued me in, the talk of Secret Santa would have warned me that winter is really coming!

Count me in. I'll be PM-ing

:heart: :heart: Secret Santa!!! :cuddle:
I don't know if I will have any by Christmas. :sad3:
Delilah is 34 months today :cheer:
and Philly and Reggie are 29 months.
I would still like to participate.

it was a lot of fun last year (and since i was shopping for someone else's rats and not ours, my fiance didnt even nag about 'what? MORE stuff for the rats?!?' lol )

needless to say, im in .. and off to pm now

Oh HECK yes! *grin* I had so much fun last year. My boys STILL have one of their hammocks from their secret santa last year, it's their favorite place to sleep. (testament to the fact that my boys aren't chewers, too! hah).

Will be PMing!

I would think that it's fine too.

MaryCayden said:
Is it ok that I don't have any of my own. But i'm hoping to be able to foster more. And my town doesn't have alot of selection for rats and my cage is pretty bare. *hint hint* haha

alosha said:
I'm a little confused, how does it work exactly?

For Secret Santa Exchange, we do gifts of rat supplies and other fun things. If you want to participate, you send us your name, address, and the number, gender, and names of your rats. LJ and I will 'draw names from a hat' but we make sure you are partnered with someone with a similar number of rats as you. You will receive the name and address and wish list of someone else from your respective country(ie, USA or Canada). You then spend between $20 and $25 on gifts for them - anything from hammocks to rat treats, toys, etc, storebought is fine and homemade is wonderful! And put it in a package to them by Dec. 1st. Meanwhile, someone else has been given your info and buying gifts for you and YOUR ratties, and you get a package from them and then find out who your secret santa was!

You can look back at the last two years Secret Santa threads, use the search button at the top of the page, and see the kind of suspense that builds up, and the kind of treats people and ratties get from Santa!

This sounds like fun, I'm going to have to ask my mom if I could do it being that I'm only 17. Hopefully she'll say yes. :)

Back