Secret Santa 2009!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammies fit nicely into small parcel envelopes and aren't that expensive to ship. My BF lives in Aus and I sent him a small parcel for $6.50 in the spring (think of a book slightly larger than a deck of cards, packed into a bubble envelope). Then there was a box I sent him just before Xmas that cost me $65 to xpress post, but would have cost $13 if I had sent it on time. I'm having to trim my budget massively at the moment to recover some overspending I've done on the rats, so I think I am going to bow out of this one for this year, but happy shopping/hammy-making everyone :)

Just an FYI if you assign the secret santas earlier than Dec 1st, it will make it easier to include people in more remote areas. 6-8 weeks is how much time you need to send something about halfway across the world by regular post, dramatically reducing shipping fees.

I've hardly been around this year... I feel kind of funny signing up because of that. But would it still be all right? I like getting people things. :)

I talked it over with Mike and jsut because of how much it cost us last year we aren't going to do it this year.

However if anyone wants to exchange Christmas cards I'm down!

Zooy said:
I talked it over with Mike and jsut because of how much it cost us last year we aren't going to do it this year.

However if anyone wants to exchange Christmas cards I'm down!

That a good idea!!!! A Christmas card exchange would be lots of fun as well :)

**JUMPS UP AND DOWN AND SQUEES EXCITEDLY** OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!! :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY PERSON AND I SURE HOPE YOU LOVE HOME MADE HAMMIES AND CUBES!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

...Well. I was thinking I wouldn't be able to do this since I am not good at sewing and don't have a lot of money...

But. I forgot..I draw! Maybe if I did this the person I got might like some artwork.
Plus I am talking to my friend who knits and sews about making pet stuff, maybe I can have her make a couple of things too. =]

I'm gonna sleep on it and get back to you!

I would feel better if we got our people's names in the middle (or even beginning) of November as opposed to the end of it, just because of how crazy it gets at the post office.

How long would it be from when we get our person's name to when we have to ship out the gift?

Afterthought...I'm with Cait on this one. I was just thinking about the Christmas card thing and how my husband *the mailman* HATES Christmas cards and small parcels with a passion b/c he has to work from 6 am to around 8 pm every day for about 45 days straight. I think the faster we get our names the better, even if we do mail them out a tad bit early just to not have a rush on things and clog up the post office even more those last few weeks *not that all of us rat ppl would clog up post offices everywhere but I hope you know what I mean*.

I think we should get the names earlier too to give more time for shopping! I've got alot of things coming up, and won't have as much time for this stuff come Dec I bet...

Even though I'm not participating, I'm going to hugely recommend that the sign up date be pushed back to mid-november, if not November 1st. Waiting until after Dec 1 to send stuff out is christmas present suicide.

I would appreciate getting names Nov 1st. I'm a student and have finals early/mid December. I would be unable to sew those weeks, and so my partner would get their gift late. If we get the names in early November it would make it a lot easier to come up with a really nice gift and have plenty of time to make it.

Pink

Back