Scared rat ...and the saga continues.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good... Things have really settled down in the cage. Last night, I was playing with Jorge and making him shake and jump and be all crazy like which he hasn't done since he was a baby. I was thinking that since things were going so well, even Captain was much happier, I was going to cancel the neuters for Davis and Rylee but then thought better of it. If Jorge is a much happier rat since his neuter, then it can only mean the same thing for Davis and Rylee. :wink:

I've put all the buddies back together and it's back to chaos.

I was wondering, is it possible to keep Captain in a separate group made up of ratties that he gets along with, seeing as he was happy with that arrangement?

Good to hear that Jorge has recovered well from his neutering. :D

Dewi

I would have resorted to that if the cage dynamics hadn't worked out as well as it did. Captain is a happy boy again. I'm still getting Davis and Rylee done though. Mostly because they are more of a dominant type of rats and I know they will be happier with a neuter.

The neuter didn't take long to influence Jorge's temperament! I'm glad that Captain is happy. He's such a sweet looking boy.

I know they will be happier with a neuter.
LOL! I'm just imagining someone saying these words to their spouse. "Honest honey... you'll be happier with a neuter."

Dewi

jorats said:
I was going to cancel the neuters for Davis and Rylee but then thought better of it. If Jorge is a much happier rat since his neuter, then it can only mean the same thing for Davis and Rylee. :wink:
I sure hope that's between you & us and Davis & Rylee don't hear of it, it wouldn't make Jorge too popular...
I hope your hubby has as good a vet as your ratties do :D

Scott had his neuter soon after our youngest son was born, so about 16 years ago. He ran real fast to the doc... he doesn't do abstinence very well. :lol:

Well... I'm loving Jorge's new attitude. He's like a playful little baby rat.
So I've got Davis and Rylee going for their neuter on January 29th, then Boo and Treat on Feb 5th and Captain on Feb 8th. I'll be depleting my savings once again but it's so worth it.

Oboy! I hope your vet sends you christmas cards!
I'm happy to hear that you're so happy with Jorge's changes! Sounds like he's a whole lot happier too! :D

Back