Scared rat ...and the saga continues.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh the joy of rats and their testicles..... :roll: Sorry they are acting like little buttheads Jo.....hope Captain starts feeling better soon and Jorge's neuter goes well.

PS - I love Jorges' markings! Captain is a handsome man too :D but Jorges' markings always are so striking when I see the bugger!

I would neuter Jorge for now, see how things go after Jorge is all squishy and then see if Captain is still in need of one. Then go from there.

I think that's what I'm going to do LA.

Melissa's Zoo, that's exactly right. lol

Well, I went against what I preach and separated the FN in two. Captain with Sophie, Cande, Treat and Boo at the top while the Three Romeos, Nessie and Sebastien are at the bottom.
For the first time, I saw a happy Captain. He was out in the open or snuggling with his gang. The group up there just seemed generally happier too.
Same with the gang downstairs, they were all content, the only thing bothering them is trying to go upstairs.

So I think getting Jorge done is the best decision. I may end up doing the two brothers: Davis and Rylee, all depending how it goes and if things settle or not. The other two could very well take over where Jorge left off.

Here's Jorge saying: "What? I'm going to lose what?"

Jorgebehindbars_edited-1.jpg

And a happy Captain, snickering...

HappyCaptain_edited-1.jpg

Neener neener neener...

Captainhammock_edited-1.jpg

Keep my beautiful Jorge in your thoughts tomorrow. I'm already feeling sick to my stomach. :sad3: :sick:

Those last pictures are so cute! I'm glad Captain has found his place and is happy.
I will say litthe prayers for Jorge. Cute as he is in jail it's so sad to see him there. Think positive thoughts jorats!

jorats said:
So this Friday is fast approaching. Captain is scheduled for his neuter but the little bugger went all nasal congestion on me. So I can't allow him to go under like this. He's being treated so hopefully in the future he will get done.
While I was pondering this affair, I saw Jorge come out of nowhere and pounce on Captain. The neurotic little bugger just went nuts and started flipping which resulted in a big gash on his butt. So I grab Jorge out of the cage to put him in his jail cell for an out time. I think Jorge will take Captain's appointment. But still will be doing Captain when he's feeling better.

Rats... :roll:

Here's Jorge in his jail cell:

Jorgecell.gif

jorgecell2.gif

LORD... you aren't kidding when you say jail cell!!! Why don't you replace the red fleece, on the bottom, with black and white striped fleece and use a small padlock to secure the door.

Perhaps a little "Jail" sign on top of the cage... :laugh4:

Hey Jorge :kisses: Take full advantage of getting spoiled today but don't do anything to upset mommy, ok? Just get all better day by day!

I've put all the buddies back together and it's back to chaos. :roll:

I've already made the appointment for Davis and Rylee. January 29th... the clinic is so busy, it's ridiculous how long it takes. But only then, do I think everything will settle down.

Jorge is still on a rampage, but I'm sure soon enough he won't have that need anymore. :wink:

Thats great it went well :)

I wish spays would help with my females aggression... but alas, they are as crazy as ever on a never ending rampage.

Back