Scamp & The Monsters :) *More Cute Pic's, Nov 15*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is in the cage, and has been for about 3 hours!
Scamp is mostly staying in the corner though ..everyone has come over to him and sniffed/cleaned him

They spent 3 hours before getting in the cage, in their playpin!

Pictures :joy:

IMG_0835.jpg

Momma & Scamp
IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

Scamp, Toby & Momma
IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Scamp, Oscar & Momma
IMG_0820.jpg

Sophie, Scamp and Momma
IMG_0822.jpg

Haha
IMG_0828.jpg

Scamp & Oscar
IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

Looks like Oscar was boggling in that first picture of him and Scamp (the last two photos)!!

They're looking great hon, and here's for a peaceful life in the cage!!

Everyone is still in the same cage!
I slept in the rat room last night with a matress on the floor haha just incase.

Scamp is advoiding eveyone ..he has been staying to himself ..if someone comes near he gets all edgy until they are gone.
I don't think he likes being in the cage with them.
it's been 11 hours now.

He still isnt sure about Oscar, he gets uneasy when he is around.

Pic's From this mornining

Momma & Scamp
IMG_0854.jpg

Scamp
IMG_0857.jpg

Oscar & Scamp
IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

Hannah & Scamp
IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Scamp & Bella
IMG_0873.jpg

Scamp & Momma
IMG_0877.jpg

lol... Scamp is like: "what the heck is this?"
Looking good... your rats are really sweet and they'll all be in a rat pile with Scamp in no time.

is it normal for Scamp be be all sketched out, he has been in their now 12 hours ..i am afraid to leave the room ..everytime Oscar or ted goes near him he gets all uneasy and then they try to clean him and he freaks out which causes them to box.

I just put ensure in the cage, I placed scamp over by it and he is sat over the dish staing still while everyone drinks.

Oh, everyone is done except for Oscar, so he decides to drink some.

Stare Down between Oscar & Scamp:

mamarat said:
It's a little bit hard for Scamp to be the new kid on the block but they all look great together.

This would be so much easier if he had Tucker with him, at least he wouldn't feel like such an outcast!

Love the pics hun, and I'm sure they'll get along in time. It's a completely different ball park being in the cage now, who's choosing alpha and if there's any objections, etc. I'm sure they'll sort it all out and relax soon enough!

:rant:

ughh Scamp and Oscar WILL not settle down!
Even if they walk next to each other they get puffy and Scamp gets stiff! and as soon as Oscar tries to clean him, he freaks out ..same when Scamp tries to clean Oscar ..lots of fur pulling, but no blood.

I need to shower, but I'm afraid to leave them to come back to something horrible.

I suck at this stuff!

He hasn't had any outs with anyone else yet, other than for one with Teddy ..but Teddy just leaves him alone.

I think this is just alot for poor Scamp to take ..being the new guys with no friends at all

smilez_n_hugs said:
Didn't you just take in an older female? Maybe it would be best if you tried intros with her and Scamp at least until Scamp's hormones calm down.

I did, but I think Scamp will be way to rough with her!
She has been alone her whole life, shes very tiny also.
I think she will need an older friend.

I could try it though ..

Scamp is young still and needs to learn proper rattie etiquette. You could leave him in the cage and let him learn or you can pull him out and start intros all over again. You did go fast with intros, this time take all the proper steps.

I havn't taken Scamp out!
He has officially been in the cage for more than 24 hours now.
I even left the house for a few hours today, came home to no injuries!

He seems to be coming around, exploring the cage more.

They were also out in the playpen tonight for a few hours.

The cage seems alot more at ease now then it was this a.m.

You might find some ups and downs for a good while which is all perfectly normal. In my colony of 9, still a year and a half later there can still be the odd scuffle. Like any family there will be some discord.

There's still times I hear protest squeaks from Mr. Honeycomb (he and the girls got integrated in... early October, I'd say?). Usually because one of the wee girls is being a brat and nibbling on his ears (which never leaves an injury, he just doesn't like it).

Everyone is still doing good, Scamp is comign around more and more ..Oscar dose not look impressed tho :giggle:

Found Scamp curled up with Hannah tonight in the in the cube hammock and Oscar was on top of the cube :)

Back