Rowan's Sweet squirming eeping bubs!(PICTURES!PEEPERS! )

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sad update-

Kenadie passed away yesterday afternoon. I kind of knew it was going to happen, but it was hard blow all the same. Including the littluns, Kenadie and Keiran I have lost nine ratties in the span of sixteen days. Kenadie was a very special girl, and I already miss her presence very much. Like the other babies, Rowan did not realize she had died and kept her in the nest with the other babies. My sister removed her from the tank for me as I was very upset when I discovered her and Rowan did not want to let my sister take her, which is out of charatcer as Rowan could care less if we take the babies from her to handle or not. For the next few hours she rooted through the babies like she was looking for something/someone. I know ratties can't count, but I think prehaps Row realized her special little one was missing. The other babies are doing very well, growing well and have started to try gooming their little faces but the poor little ones all fall over and fall asleep halfway through. I hate the fact that I will never get to see Kenadie attempt any of those things. She will be greatly missed.

New pictures to come! The babies have little peepers! Four babies opened their eyes yesterday, and three today. How big they are getting!

However we may get a (BIG) added suprise to this thread later today...keep watching and I will let you know how the events unfold...

How exciting to think that their eyes are open! I've been too busy to post the photos from my wonderful visit on Sunday, so I hope to download the photos when I get home tonight. Their little eyes were still closed then, but they were too beautiful for words!

For some reason my pictures arn't uploading, so here are three(pre peeper) pictures for you all until I can get the peeper pictures uploaded!

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

They are even more beautiful in person. I was melting.... wanted to sneak them all into my pocket!! Including Rowan and the boys... the babies are so soft and warm. :heart:

And to think that breakthenight didn't even check my pockets on my way out!

Back