Rico the Doberman

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw the tracking video now, wow, that looks like great fun! I play something similar with Gypsy, hide and seek.
Rico is such a handsome dog.

jorats said:
I just saw the tracking video now, wow, that looks like great fun! I play something similar with Gypsy, hide and seek.
Rico is such a handsome dog.
Thanks!
He has been tracking since he was young, but he's never been officially trained to.. More hide and seek kind of thing.. I want to do more of things like that with my next dog :)

1044256_10200349282838168_126936679_n.jpg

Unepuce said:
What??? what happened???

I'm so sorry... :hugs:
Everything started going wrong a month or two ago..
The end list was:
- bleeding disorder
-likely cancer
- calcification (?) in pretty much one whole leg
- heart disease
- injured tooth they couldn´t operate
and probably severe pains the painkillers didn´t help much on..
The last few days he could barely stand on the bad leg..

I think he died from the anasthetic.. Before he even got the last needle :cry:

Oh my :( I was just looking through all of the pictures and videos, I didn't expect to see that post at all.

I'm so sorry. He looked like such a happy boy though, hopefully you can take some comfort in that :heart:

Thanks.. He looked SO good just two months ago :( looked like he had at least a year left.. I'll try to write a post soon about him.. Just no clue what to say..

There will be more dog pics from me in two month's time tho :puppyluv:

MissGuardian said:
Thanks.. He looked SO good just two months ago :( looked like he had at least a year left.. I'll try to write a post soon about him.. Just no clue what to say..

Poor Rico :(

At least you have something to look forward to... :heart:

Rachael said:
MissGuardian said:

Poor Rico :(

At least you have something to look forward to... :heart:
Yeah :(

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it :wink:

:heart: RIP Rico - play hard over the rainbow bridge - must warn you Rico, I have a min pin over there and he thinks he's big like you ... say "hi" to him for me maybe you two can play together..., but if he's w/Sweetheart (greyhound) he'll fight you for his girl - and he hasn't lost yet to any dog your size :giggle: :heart: :sad3: Sorry for your loss :sad3: :heart:

dspch911 said:
:heart: RIP Rico - play hard over the rainbow bridge - must warn you Rico, I have a min pin over there and he thinks he's big like you ... say "hi" to him for me maybe you two can play together..., but if he's w/Sweetheart (greyhound) he'll fight you for his girl - and he hasn't lost yet to any dog your size :giggle: :heart: :sad3: Sorry for your loss :sad3: :heart:
:giggle: thank you :heart:

I was so surprised to see Rico has passed on. Know you gave him a wonderful, enriched life since he has been with you. It looked like he was really enjoying himself being a 'dog'. It's hard when they go downhill so fast, but sometimes it's easier when the choice is taken out of your hands...
RIP Rico :heart:

Joanne said:
I was so surprised to see Rico has passed on. Know you gave him a wonderful, enriched life since he has been with you. It looked like he was really enjoying himself being a 'dog'. It's hard when they go downhill so fast, but sometimes it's easier when the choice is taken out of your hands...
RIP Rico :heart:
Thank you :sad3: :heart:
Yeah it is sort of easier.. Problem is that he was still happy go lucky most of the time.. You could just tell he was in pain :(

Back