Rescue Effort Feb 2013

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
It looks like Mainely Rat Rescue will be able to take in some or all of the 30 ratties in Nackawic NB.
We do not yet know if any of these ratties are pregnant but they likely are :(
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=32792

Donations are needed to cover the cost of gas to drive to pick them up (approx 132 km), to transport them to the boarder (approx 260 km to 280 km along rural roads through the woods), and to cover the cost of a vet check up & official letter from the vet, as this is required by the US border agency (will get an estimate next week, likely $200 to $300).
Edit: Vet charge is based on the number of appointment slots the examination and paper work will take. Estimate is $215 to $258.
Receipts will be provided to account for all donations spent.

Btw, the group of 74 rats taken to Mainely Rat Rescue last spring found good homes (one baby died the day after arrival at MRR, possibly from megacolon)
.... thanks so much to everyone who helped save their lives! You are amazing!!

I am an unemployed univ student with a full credit card as I have 23 aging ratties, many with serious medical expenses ... so all I can contribute is my time and energy.

Please let me know if you are able to help in any way.
thanks

Jorats has agreed to accept any paypal donations for this rescue effort.
If you send Jorats a donation for this, please PM her to let her know that the paypal donation is for this particular rescue.

Thanks for doing what you can to help these ratties.

paypal to [email protected]
If you prefer email money transfer for those in Canada, same email address.

I think we should copy this over to Rat Chat and Pics as well so we can get more coverage.

I will donate as well, I'll post here where we are up too. I'll start with my donation of $40.
We can do this people!!! Lets help get these rats in good homes.

Anyone able to foster (Fredericton area) for a few days to a week?
- if we can get the rats
- and if MRR is able to make transport etc arrangements on their end

.... And if anyone wants to help transport, lend carriers, or lend cages, please pm me.
Hoping we can work together to save these ratties ....

thanks

Thanks to Mia9_28 for offering the loan of a cage
and to Godmother for offering the loan of a couple of carriers, cages, dishes and food

Vet cost is based on the number of appointment slots it will take to examination 30 rats and write a document for the US border guards re CDC guidelines.
It will likely cost $215 to $258 for the vet visit and health certificate(s).

WOW!!!!! You are all amazing!!!

We need someone to foster the ratties for a week or so.
I have contacted several people who are unable to help due to a change in circumstances.
I (along with my remaining 23 rescues) rent a room from my mother. Last April I was able to keep 47 ratties here, in her livingroom, between pick up and transport as my mother was away. That is not possible this year as she is here.

I have been trying to reach thefriggintribe to see if she could help re fostering but it seems that isn't going to happen.
We have enough cages on loan for the ratties .... just need somewhere to put them.
Anyone in the F'ton area that can help???
If a few can help foster, no one will be overwhelmed and it should only be for a little over 1 week.

Any ideas??

Back