Rat food, what do you feed your babies?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why limit one and free feed the other? I feed Oxbow, but that's it. I'm planning on switching over to HT now that I know I can get it from Pet Food Direct. (Thanks, Anita!!) Is it better to feed both at the same time, or is that a personal preference?

The reason I used to restrict the HT and something I will do in the future is because my gang will overeat the HT but the Oxbow, they will only eat if hungry.

Ahhhhhh the keeping them slim, I get it. My boys must not have tastebuds, even getting Oxbow they're all chunky. >.>

Well, I feed both because I want them to have a little more option as to what they eat. And if i free fed the harlan, then they probably wouldnt eat the oxbow....and i want them to.

jorats said:
The reason I used to restrict the HT and something I will do in the future is because my gang will overeat the HT but the Oxbow, they will only eat if hungry.
Ditto for me! And HT is almost impossible for us to get here! It's worth it's weight in gold. I've still got several freezer zip loc bags of it tucked away in my freezer, but I'm still stressing over how I'm going to replace it when it's all gone. I guess they're just gonna have to learn to like the Oxbow.

Back