Rat Dads

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top is clipped to the bottom with cage clips we got when we did our rabbit cages from TSC. They are the same size so it was a perfect fit. The first cage has a plastic/vinyl piece sewn on (for now) as the floor of the top level. We cut a section out of the bottom cages top to make an opening. Its quite sturdy and takes two semi good cages and makes one great cage for my pair of boys! I'll take close-ups and post them in my thread Rat Heaven.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Ya and the one came with a shelf so that adds an additional level nicely! They are happy. Their other cage was difficult to get levels into and now they have nice sturdy ones. I'm happy, their happy, daddy loved making it!

Aww, that is great! Three Cheers for Daddy! :joy: Good job! Happy rats make their people happy, that is for sure!

He's always raving about what amazing pets they are and how he wishes he had more downtime to play with everyone one to one sometimes. He has his faves

Awww, that is so sweet. Well, who can resist the charm and cuteness of rats? My husband is the same way. His world revolves around our two boys. They bring him so much joy (me too) as all rats do to their people. :cuddle:

My old lady Dorian loves Mike to death. Probably because he always sneaks her bad treats, and lets her have the last few drops of his milkshakes, and always lets her lick his fingers when he's done eating. :roll: Normally she'll crawl into his hood, or into his shirt and take a nap, but last night she curled up right on his lap and I was DYING of overwhelming cute.

Aww, what beautiful photos of Dorian with Mike!! So precious. You can tell they BOTH love each other so much. What a great picture of the two of them! :hugs:

1488198_102042837359124818_259103124_n.jpg

Me with my mouse Mr. Meece.

Tyrion has become quite the Daddy's boy.
He was scared of the dog shaking when she woke up...
7e4e3ygy.jpg

And watching Sons Of Anarchy with Daddy.
e7age8u8.jpg

Daddy tried to pose nice...Tyrion had other plans lol
amutunyr.jpg

Aww, what great pictures! Daddy was taking care of Tyrion...Tyrion looks like he is doing the same thing that my boy Achilles does...puts his head a little under Dad's fingers for protection if he gets scared. So sweet!!

Vladina said:
Aww, what great pictures! Daddy was taking care of Tyrion...Tyrion looks like he is doing the same thing that my boy Achilles does...puts his head a little under Dad's fingers for protection if he gets scared. So sweet!!
He likes elbows to snuggle in. That's where he was headed!

Yep, my boys love elbows to snuggle in too...and the crook of my arm when I have a snuggly sweater on of course!

My boyfriend Brian loves our rats. At first he was sort of weirded out by the idea of having rats as pets, since he didn't know anything about them... he thought they would be like having hamsters or gerbil. Now that he understands how social and sweet they are, he absolutely adores them. He calls them his daughters and he loves playing and snuggling with them... and he always makes sure they are fed and given fresh water. He doesn't clean the cage, but he is very involved with them otherwise. It makes me happy to see how amazing he is with animals. :heart:

Here is a picture of him (not the best) with our first rat, Navi.

601080_10151472548108427_588372591_n.jpg

That is so awesome...I love reading about people who find out how amazing and loving rats are. Great picture! My husband Marc calls our two rat boys his sons, and he means it. They are our kids and so much a part of the family in every way. He is head over heels in love with our two ratty boys. I am glad Brian found out how wonderful rats are! :joy:

Well uhm.... my rats don't have a rat dad, but they do have a second rat mom! Hope that counts! LOL

She is extremely allergic to them and has asthma, so we moved in a two bedroom apartment so they can be behind a closed door.. and she can breathe! lol
She doesn't spend a lot of time with them for obvious reasons, but loves them nonetheless and would never force me to get rid of my babies which is all I could ask of her!

Here's my girlfriend with Spencer and Saturn. It was Christmas so she put her allergies aside for a couple of quick kisses! :)

I love seeing all the pictures of rat dads! It's refreshing seeing men loving rats. :)

Back