Rat Dads

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohwow I love those photos!
So heartwarming and you can always instantly tell if someone loves their pets from their eyes - I just feel so much compassions and loves in those of your husband, dspch911!

Sam is absolutely cool with a rat over his head too! :D

Kevin gave them pizza crust thr other day. He was like 'what? Its toasted!' Lol. Spoiler
He also plays awesome referee during intros. He's a great distraction for Mellow and Puff when things get heated. He just calls them and they turn to him. Such Daddy's girls
His answer to having an empty cage is now 'time for more rats?' Daddy has a case of GGMR!
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Vladina said:
Dspch, what a wonderful rat daddy your kids have! I LOVED the photos....and who is that beautiful lil furry getting the massage from Dad? He/she is so precious looking!

I was so touched by that photo of Dad helping Finn with his peas when Finn was too sick to pea fish on his own. Wow, I almost teared up at how sweet that was. :heart:

What a fanstastic and caring Rat Dad your kids have. They ARE very lucky to have him. Give him a big thumbs up and a pat on the back from all of us. :joy:

That would be Mr. Kona .... Finn never did get to try pea fishing - perhaps he is getting to now with all his new rattie friends. The little spit fire getting the kiss is our precious Sebastian!! That's his rescue spot after teasing Lovee and Jack he runs to daddy for saving - until the next time.

Awww, so sweet! I also love hearing hearing all these Rat Dad stories....so awesome to hear about rat dads spoiling their babies...too precious! :cloud9:

:gaah: Walked into the house today and caught Lane sitting there with his (I call it the guilty "you-are-going-to-be-kind-of-mad-but-look-how-cute-my-grin-is face.). I didn't notice anything was up until I got a little closer.
Lane just tried "sharing" a go-gurt with Ripley and Deacon :wallbang: Now I have two rats covered in blue yogurt and a boyfriend with blue and pink yogurt in his hair and down his sweatshirt and all over the couch!! :gaah:
That's almost as bad as yesterday when we all went to petsmart (not a fan at all but I forgot we were out of Oxbow and that place carries it) and anyways, I left him with the cart for 5 minutes so I could go look at some dog food.
Next thing I know he's got the cart packed full of some stuff the animals "absolutely had to have" and he's holding two little naked girl rats that he had talked a worker into letting him handle. :thud: (No, we didn't bring them home.)
To top off the day, his birthday is tomorrow and he already found the two presents I was hiding from him. I was in the bathroom wrapping his presents (lol funny, only door in the house other then the front door that locks. Too bad I'm a ditz and forgot to lock it) I was Mid-wrap on his presents when the door knob turned and I just threw the wrapping in the bathroom garbage and was trying to stuff the present into our bathroom cabinets when he came in. :oops: I'm just like "here hunny, I got this for you. No, it's not for your birthday or it would have been wrapped. *insert ironic fake nervous laugh here*" That was an epic fail. :emb:
Lane's trying to get the go-gurt off his head and now Ripley and Deacon are both awaiting bathes. Oh, and now I get to go midnight shopping tomorrow because I am the worst at hiding gifts. :roll:
What am I going to do with these boys. :panic:

Apparently the dogs are getting baths too. They have pink go-gurt on their muzzles and down their backs. I am never buying go gurts again. :gaah:

On the upside, since we thought Ripley had another URI (he doesn't thank goodness) Lane spent all day with the rats in his hoodie again. I love him, I wish he would clean up after himself but I love him. :heart:
He means well, he tries to spoil them, he just makes a mess of it :cuddle:
Sorry this is so long. I just had to tell y'all about the go gurt incident and everything else just kind of came up lol)

:laugh4: Deep breaths!

What in the world is a go gurt?

Edit: I just noticed I've moved up to Fuzzy. Hooray! :giggle:

Haha, a go-gurt is flavored and colored yogurt in a "to-go" tube lol Their's different colors like blue and pink and maybe green..?? I think?? I don't know, I don't see it on any of the animals I'm going to end up bathing so maybe not lol

Petsmart had nakies??? Sorry guys, but I would of walked out of there with them :heart: :heart: :heart: Nakies :heart: :heart: :heart: Sounds like someone needs a rain coat, hat, etc when he eats/feeds go gurt!!! I'm so with you on the - if they would only clean up after themselves!!! Sounds like a pretty funny site though :giggle: I just thought of something though, we they all eating out of the same tube?

I love all the rat daddy pictures!! Our boys have a great dad too...he wasn't sure at first... but now he's completely involved from feeding to cleaning and even medicating. He even gets them out when I'm gone now :eek: .
se8e2ema.jpg
ahezyjyz.jpg
abamapy8.jpg
utyqujam.jpg

:shock: I didn't even think about that.
Well, I'm brushing the dogs teeth lol jk
I did pick up 6 wrappers so I'm hoping *crosses fingers* that they weren't ALL sharing. :panic: I can't believe I didn't think about that. Well, now everybody is bathed clean and dry and in their beds. Time to go nag Lane about how exactly he was sharing the go gurts. Honestly, I'd be happier if he just dumped it on the floor and made a mess instead of sharing out of the same tube lol

They were adorable little naked girls and it took me forever to convince him to put them down. But we only have one cage at the moment and it's got our two boys who aren't neutered. They're adorable and I'd love to snuggle with a bunch but I'm not going to mix and match boys and girls. I want to get naked ones :heart: Especially those two. They were very kissy for pet store rats!! But no babies in my house. Although it was heartbreaking to put them back in their tanks :sad3: They were so sweet.

Maybe that's what Lane's getting for his birthday. Rain gear for the next time he decides to feed all the animals something messy on the couch lol I'm still stuck on how he managed to get it in his hair. Did you miss your mouth or what?? :giggle:

Lucky, LOVE the photos of your Rat Daddy! Wonderful! That first photo with a rat peeking over his shoulder...what is his/her name? He/she is just a doll! Look at that fuzzy face...I want to smooch it! More info on this darling ratty?

Rat Daddy looks like he really enjoys your fur kids. Super! :heart:

Vladina, that is Sosuke (so-skay) peeking over his shoulder. He is my Harley boy, he has a twin brother named Ponyo and I can only tell them apart because Sosuke is neutered now that Ponyo is getting brave lol
y3yzenub.jpg
eqyguvym.jpg

They have Fabio locks that flutter in the wind ;)
aqu7esa7.jpg
here's a bigger version of my avatar and honestly I think it's Ponyo but I can't tell lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness, Sosuke and Ponyo are just adorable!! Major fall-over-and-hit-the-floor-from-cuteness overload! :thud:

They are just darlings! I have not seen too many Harleys and boy are they charmers! I just want to bury my face in their fur and snuggle them! Beautiful boys!! :heart:

I am so jealous!!! I want a rat dad for my rats too. lol Well, at least my rats have an awesome rat grandpa. My dad is amazing with rats.

Back