Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
terrible horrible awful day, that didn't have to be this way

all because careless and irresponsible people get pets and don't bother to provide the care they need

and now, a beloved young cat is gone, tragically and so so unnecessarily, only 5yrs old, from feline leukemia transmitted to him from a bite wound from a cat who is not neutered nor vaccinated, nor even properly fed

so avoidable, so totally avoidable

Tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! We`re ready!
IMG_9492_zps1e99ad61.jpg

IMG_9499_zps08dddde1.jpg

IMG_9501_zpsa7b8cd61.jpg

So it's already been established that 2012 is the worst year ever for me and my little family. I sure hope 2013 is much better, cause I don't know if my heart can handle anymore of this.

jorats said:
So it's already been established that 2012 is the worst year ever for me and my little family. I sure hope 2013 is much better, cause I don't know if my heart can handle anymore of this.

I'm really sorry to hear that! :( I hope things are much happier in the coming year!! :D

I was browsing the Best Buy website this morning. They now sell LED light bulbs that are designed to last 22 years and they're dimmable. The 60-watt version costs $16.99 and the 40-watt is $13.99.

watching old videos of my rats past and present and bawling like a fool

missing the ones that are gone, and so sad for the ones who are sick or have tumors now, and my bestest boy Teddy who can no longer use his back legs

why?? you're too young for this to be happening to you!
damnit

I got three ratties :) 2.5 year old girlies. I helped arrange their adoption over a year ago. Their owner had real, honest reasons that the rats couldn't go with her when she moved (Alaska has strong anti-rat laws in certain areas) so I am taking them back. I bought them a critter nation, and a bunch of fleece for liners and hammocks. Spoiled girls! Unfortunately two already have large tumors and are too old to go through surgery.

I am on the moose roadkill list here in Alaska. Essentially, when someone hits a moose they are legally required to call the troopers. Charities are called first, then people on the list, to go and butcher and process the moose. We got called at 2 am last night, its been a long day, but lots of free moose for the freeze! Nothing goes to waste.

ER vet really needs to consider if hiring this woman as a receptionist was such a great idea- on the way out from having my girl Brenna put to sleep, she says "have a good day!!" all bright and cheery like

seriously?!?!?
:disbelief:

Unepuce said:
Immense changes at work... possibility that I'd be cut off next week... after 13 years... ((sigh))

Weirdly, my main concern is my rats...

I'm not jobless after all, but my company got rid of the business I was a part of. I am amongst the people transfering to a competitor, so I avoided the worst scenario. Still have a salary, still can care for my ratties... what a relief!

Unepuce said:
Unepuce said:
Immense changes at work... possibility that I'd be cut off next week... after 13 years... ((sigh))

Weirdly, my main concern is my rats...

I'm not jobless after all, but my company got rid of the business I was a part of. I am amongst the people transfering to a competitor, so I avoided the worst scenario. Still have a salary, still can care for my ratties... what a relief!

:dance:

Back