Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible neighbor quote of the day, "Gee, I don't understand it! This place didn't smell like this before I moved in, eww it smells like, animal or something"
:shock: :shock: :shock:
This from the woman who has an intact male cat and two intact female cats. Female cat is pregnant for the second time (first pregnancy ended in a single still birth)
Intact male cat is in fights with neighbor cats all the time, and of course, is spraying everywhere...
:roll:

if I was a mean spirited person, a comment like that would make me want to start singing "if I only had a brain" from the Wizard of Oz (the scarecrow's song)

"Ugh. You know that moment when you get to the end of the ketchup bottle - and no matter how much you jiggle, shake or pound it, you just can't seem to get anything out? Well, thanks to a team of researchers at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), that scenario could well be a thing of the past." (CBC.ca)

Thank God for science! I will sleep better now knowing this important issue has been resolved! :lol:

This is an old newspaper article that I came across tonight. It was published in May of 2002 in the New York Times.

So, Spider-Man! Brilliant Disguise!; The Real Mild-Mannered Parkers Are in a Superhero's Fictional Lair

By COREY KILGANNON
Published: May 08, 2002

Much of ''Spider-Man,'' the blockbuster action movie, was filmed on location in Queens, the comic book domain of the web-slinging superhero. As it happens, the realism of the Spider-Man comic transcends the mere film.

In the comics, Peter Parker, the mild-mannered photojournalist who is Spider-Man's alter ego, grew up at 20 Ingram Street, a modest, two-story boarding house run by his Aunt May in the heart of Forest Hills Gardens. The address actually exists and is home to a family named Parker: Andrew and Suzanne Parker, who moved there in 1974, and their two daughters.

In 1989, the family began receiving junk mail addressed to Peter Parker. ''We got tons of it,'' Mrs. Parker said yesterday. ''Star Trek magazines, a Discover Card in his name, and notices from them over the years calling him a good customer.'' There were also prank phone calls, all of which she attributed to a ''teenager who found it funny that we had the same last name as Spider-Man.''

The Parkers had no idea they were living in a comic book landmark, she said.

Then, last summer, a reporter from The Queens Tribune, a weekly newspaper, called Mrs. Parker and told her that the family's life was imitating Pop Art. He also told her that Spider-Man's greatest enemy, the Green Goblin, goes by the alias Norman Osborn, which is almost the same surname as Mrs. Parker's neighbor, Terri Osborne. Mrs. Osborne has lived across the street, at 19 Ingram, since 1979.

The address of the borough's most famous arachnid, 20 Ingram Street, was listed in the June 1989 and July 1989, issues of ''The Amazing Spider-Man,'' published by Marvel Enterprises. A supervillain named Venom finds a change-of-address form left in Peter Parker's jacket, which lists the address and even its real-life ZIP and area codes.

Time Out New York published an article about the address. Then yesterday, Mrs. Parker and Mrs. Osborne (they are longtime friends, not archenemies) were whisked by limousine into Manhattan to appear on CBS's Early Show.

Mrs. Parker has not been bitten by a radioactive spider -- the event that transformed Peter Parker into a superhero -- but she does seem to have been transformed by her connection to the film, which set a record with its $115 million opening last weekend on 7,500 screens, which is a lot of screens for an opening. Mrs. Parker has seen the movie and recently bought the ''address'' issues of the comic book from a collector.

random thought of the day. is there an age limit on wine kits?

because they don't CONTAIN alcohol, so can the impose an age limit on buying them?

It amazes me how family say they love you but will be the first person/people to talk bad about you and stab you in the back.
I am now the crazy, unforgiving nut bar. :shock:
Too bad you can't pick your family like you do your friends. :roll:

Sharlees rattakisses said:
It amazes me how family say they love you but will be the first person/people to talk bad about you and stab you in the back.
I am now the crazy, unforgiving nut bar. :shock:
Too bad you can't pick your family like you do your friends. :roll:

tell me about it :roll:
I'm the one who gets called when they want help with some thing but when there's a BBQ or other get together, not once have I been invited.
it's really getting to be quite painful.

112549_600.jpg

R.I.P.

Why do my dustbunnies survive forever with no attention at all while my ratties keep passing in spite of all my attention to them?

Is it bedtime yet? Man... this shift work of Mikes plus Canada's Wonderland plus a baby is killing me!

On a mini road trip with Joe, have the Smiths blasting and he's attempting to sing along...boy is so horribly tone deaf its killing me...but he's SO enthusiastic. After 3 years I still find it incredibly endearing and can't bring myself to tell him he's so badly off key <3

I'm trying to learn to drive standard and I'm really not enjoying it so far. Maybe I could just fill the car with dirt and turn it into a planter -- then go out and find a vehicle with an automatic transmission. :D

Back