Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KMG365 said:
Bought a new TomTom GPS to replace one I purchased about a year and a half ago. I haven't had a chance to really use the new one yet, but it looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, TomTom's website is as awful as ever. It took about an hour and a half to update one map due to issues with the site. Thankfully, I shouldn't need to connect to their website more than a few times a year to update the map.
My Tom Tom broke in May... I really miss her. My parents gave me their spare Garmin and I LOATHE it!!! Can't wait to get a new Mrs TomTom.

Zooy said:
I had to share. One of my favourite memories from last weekends Supernatural convention
tumblr_lszjysTg1C1qi7m9mo2_r1_250.gif

AHHHHHH I LOVE SUPERNATURAL CONVENTIONS! I go every single year for my birthday, I look forward to those weekends more than CHRISTMAS! :heart: :heart: :dance:

KatTheHippie said:
Zooy said:
I had to share. One of my favourite memories from last weekends Supernatural convention

AHHHHHH I LOVE SUPERNATURAL CONVENTIONS! I go every single year for my birthday, I look forward to those weekends more than CHRISTMAS! :heart: :heart: :dance:
Which conventions? I went to VanCon last year and TorCon this year. Got plans for TorCon next year too!

Kurt,
Given the option between nothing and nothing.... I'm crazy.... But I think I'm going to pick nothing. No relationship. And maybe a very spacious friendship. I think I've had enough of feeling like I'm wasting my time. I don't see the point in having a relationship if you can't even tell me you want me around within the next 5 years. So.... I'm going to try to step away from you. But you need to help me. Please don't touch me anymore. No kissing. No hand holding. No cuddling. I'm not even sure I want a hug. It's too much, and I hope you can understand. I love you, but you don't love me.
Love always
Daisy

Petunia said:
((((jenny)))) you'll be fine, don't worry!! think about rat butts, that'll make it easier

cute furry rat butts
with big big balls
or no balls at all

lol ratties wouldn't judge me as harshly as I was judged in the 2 hours that followed my post >.<

It was horrible, I feel stupid, angry and downright... down.

Perhaps I should change what I'm doing, I'm not sure I want to do this anymore
bleh!

Luckily I have personal training tonight. I think that I will feel a whole lot better when I have that whole body exhaustion feeling... I have actually grown to like that :)

Zooy said:
KatTheHippie said:
Zooy said:

Which conventions? I went to VanCon last year and TorCon this year. Got plans for TorCon next year too!

I'm in the states, so I always go to their New Jersey Convention. Surprisingly, there isn't one in New York.. But it's WORTH the drive! I always have a blast, and all of the cast are amazingly wonderful!

daisylynn said:
Kurt,
Given the option between nothing and nothing.... I'm crazy.... But I think I'm going to pick nothing. No relationship. And maybe a very spacious friendship. I think I've had enough of feeling like I'm wasting my time. I don't see the point in having a relationship if you can't even tell me you want me around within the next 5 years. So.... I'm going to try to step away from you. But you need to help me. Please don't touch me anymore. No kissing. No hand holding. No cuddling. I'm not even sure I want a hug. It's too much, and I hope you can understand. I love you, but you don't love me.
Love always
Daisy

Can I handle this? Can I move on to save what's left of my heart? Am I sure I'm not betraying my heart?

He's offering exactly what I wanted from Kurt... So why am I so hesitant to go forward... Oh. right. I've heard all of these words before.... And my heart ends up broken. I'm so scared to move forward.... But so disgusted with going backwards. What the hell am I doing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference. GOD PLEASE GIVE ME THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

daisylynn said:
daisylynn said:
Kurt,
Love always
Daisy

Can I handle this? Can I move on to save what's left of my heart? Am I sure I'm not betraying my heart?

He's offering exactly what I wanted from Kurt... So why am I so hesitant to go forward... Oh. right. I've heard all of these words before.... And my heart ends up broken. I'm so scared to move forward.... But so disgusted with going backwards. What the hell am I doing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference. GOD PLEASE GIVE ME THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
So tonight lines were drawn, intentions were made clear and I have walked away. Or started to, anyway. I told him that I just want to be his friend and I think I pissed him off. Keep in mind, he's the one who gave me the ultimatum. I will not be toyed with anymore.

Yes, I can and will move on. :) I will find happiness. I will be ok. No, I don't need him.

Helped rehome several rats tonight, and am considering taking in 3 babies. I keep saying no rats, no rats and look where this keeps ending up?

Rats made front page news here today. A local vet found a pair living at the transfer site and took them in (we don't have wild rats here, its -30F tonight). She separated them immediately and has neutered the male, but she popped out babies 16 days after she rescued them. 7 boys were still available. I've been in contact with her a few times today and helped some of her adopters by selling cages and providing things like hammocks.

I also found a home for the three girls I've been helping rehome for two weeks now.

Productive night! Wish I could say that for my homework.

daisylynn... you are doing the absolute best thing. Walk away. Far away. When you meet the right one, you will know for real.

*I wish I could get rid of this @#$%^& headache... I've had it for a week and a half now. UGH!!!!!

jorats said:
daisylynn... you are doing the absolute best thing. Walk away. Far away. When you meet the right one, you will know for real.

*I wish I could get rid of this @#$%^& headache... I've had it for a week and a half now. UGH!!!!!

headaches suck. :( I have prescription drugs because I get migraines.

I know I'm doing the right thing. But does it have to feel so frustrating? Does this guy have to know every button to push to make me cry? :( I'm so sick of crying. I think I've had enough.

Dah... :sad-p:

It's pre-Holiday firing spree at work today. My favorite day of the year... :thumbdwn:

I can only start imagining the total number of people that are being let go - the number for my group accross Canada is enormous - at least to me. And of course, this has to happen right before the Holiday season. I just can't concentrate... not gonna be a very productive day. :sad4:

The bright side for me is that I got to take Pollux home with me from his vet appointment last night. I just wouldn't be able to stand this s*** day on top of the mourning of my ratosaurus...

And, of course, I still do have a job. Although right now, it almost feels like betrayal. :sick2:

Why do vet visits always happen in spirts? I hope tomorrow is just impacted cheek pouches and not tumors. I guess we'll know in the next 24 hours!

Back