Random Picture Thread...Post Yours :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Teddy! I have a problem of my own regarding a greedy rat at the moment. My River doesn't stash, he EATS EVERYTHING on the spot. Every time I walk past the cage, he's chowing down. I fear that he's eating himself into an early grave, honestly he's huge and getting bigger. His two other brothers are chunky but nothing like River.

He's got rolls underneath his arms and when he lies flat, he looks like a giant, bloated pancake. I daren't post pictures incase someone reports me for cruelty (lol). No seriously, it's bad. I can't take his food away because he lives with his brothers. They get the best quality dry mix I can get here in the UK, vegetables and cantaloupe everyday, that's it - no sugar, bread, pasta. I've had a giant rat before but River is something else. He loves his fuds but I do worry about tumours and diabetes. He's just such a big softie but I have no idea how to get him to stop eating!

Oh Teddy! I have a problem of my own regarding a greedy rat at the moment. My River doesn't stash, he EATS EVERYTHING on the spot. Every time I walk past the cage, he's chowing down. I fear that he's eating himself into an early grave, honestly he's huge and getting bigger. His two other brothers are chunky but nothing like River.

He's got rolls underneath his arms and when he lies flat, he looks like a giant, bloated pancake. I daren't post pictures incase someone reports me for cruelty (lol). No seriously, it's bad. I can't take his food away because he lives with his brothers. They get the best quality dry mix I can get here in the UK, vegetables and cantaloupe everyday, that's it - no sugar, bread, pasta. I've had a giant rat before but River is something else. He loves his fuds but I do worry about tumours and diabetes. He's just such a big softie but I have no idea how to get him to stop eating!
Sounds like you have a Peanut in the making - my sweet boy was over 1100 grams at one time. In case you don't know, that's guinea pig size. He took looked like a salad plate laying down.

Oh my lord thats gargantuan! Greedy boys - Did Peanut ever succumb to any kind of illness (diabetes etc) because of his weight? I hate to ask but maybe I should prepare myself or something

Do you have any photos of Peanut when he was at his largest? Ill post River bears if you post yours?!

Oh my lord thats gargantuan! Greedy boys - Did Peanut ever succumb to any kind of illness (diabetes etc) because of his weight? I hate to ask but maybe I should prepare myself or something

Do you have any photos of Peanut when he was at his largest? Ill post River bears if you post yours?!

No, I put him with girls after his cagemates died and he started losing weight chasing them around. Then he lost almost all his weight to a damn PT. He had a long distance best buddy though that was bigger than him. I know they are sitting down right now at the all you can eat buffet.. That square hideaway we called his pantry - he stored his food in there. The other two are his girlfriends Bristol and Eldora. Bristol is now about half his size maybe bigger.

I remember this gorgeous pudding! Oh what an adorable boy - you must miss him terribly

This is River Bear

3601E863-E03D-43D4-8F20-16BDFBE771AA_zps6rcrtuiv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

902CBD59-353D-4F68-A7E7-57EB024885CB_zpssvxh7obf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hmmm.. Maybe these chunksters could do with some (spayed) sweet little ladies to run about with and spark new life into em. I'll look into some of my local rescues and see if I can't rescue a couple of girlies. Afterall, I do have a double level DCN only 3 boys!

I've always loved how male and female rats interact. It's love on another level. My Dina had mammary tumours removed and my boys flocked around her in such a way that quite frankly left me stunned. They even slept with their heads protectively on her shaved belly after surgery. I'll see if I can dig the pictures out.

Lovely animals, rats.

wow I've not posted photos in a long time

here's some random ones of my girls- I have five now,
Pippa, a black hooded girl who is very round, about 20-22 mos old
PattyCake, a beige hooded dumbo wee girl of 8 mos and her half sister
black berk dumbo Emma,
and now an older PEW, ButterCup
and her cage mate Peanut, a pretty cinnamon?? berkshire, I think

024.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

017.jpg

Butter peeks out.jpg

006.jpg

What a handsome boy!! Here are the 3 girls pf that litter.. Little zelda looks like a little mouse with her agouti self haha havent named the other two yet!

20160427_133546.jpg

20160427_133624.jpg

20160427_133645.jpg

Back