Random Picture Thread...Post Yours :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sitting watching him the whole time.. No door is left open if I'm not in the room and I think he was wonder why there are so many dead rats on the deck haha what horrible things have happened here!!

I never doubted you watch over him and he is absolutely adorable sitting there. I'd just be worried mine would find a way out.

Yea I have to shut the door when ceci is out because she will be over that and down into the yard in no time! Crazy old bat she is!

Made my babies mini pancakes. Elliott is so cute

elliott.jpg

We have babies here again...7 perfect bubs now safe with Momma and her family.
bb70eabd34461eda2189445b35e60c07.jpg

12b4e6fbfce5c342e26f03e534e10ad1.jpg

This is the beautiful Momma and her name is Momma because no matter what else we try to call her. She gets called Momma
fdfb9aeccf585e90b70c6bc15fa96c5a.jpg

Ahhhh and their little milk bellies =-)
Yes...they are doing so well. I am kind of thinking this is not MOMMAs first litter. She is weary of me touching them and she watches me carefully. I believe they were feeder breeders and the previous "owners" 'retired' them...I think she wonders if they are coming back !? It's a little sad the look she gives when you approach.
I am just petting them all now when I go into the cage and I put the babies in my Palm right in front of her and just held them for a second and let her take them back. I want her to trust me with them. I will do this once a day until she starts really trusting. No one else is to touch the babies for now. Til Momma feels more relaxed.
Also...they are noisy babies too. They really are eepers.

We have babies here again...7 perfect bubs now safe with Momma and her family.
bb70eabd34461eda2189445b35e60c07.jpg

12b4e6fbfce5c342e26f03e534e10ad1.jpg

This is the beautiful Momma and her name is Momma because no matter what else we try to call her. She gets called Momma
fdfb9aeccf585e90b70c6bc15fa96c5a.jpg
That's funny you named her Momma. I was just thinking that yesterday with our's. Even though we named her she probably thinks her name is "Momma" or "Little Momma" since what she gets called most the time!

:exactly: OMG she's going to pop !! (do these babies make my hips look big) :exactly:
Oh and did she ever. 10 babies at final count. First litter too.
She is more worried about keeping them hidden right now then anything. I will leave her be and not take pictures for a few days as Momma Ming settles into her new role. I don't want her to panic and do something drastic. I did check for milk bellies carefully and they have nice bands. Could use some plumping up but I'll give her another day to get into things.

Back