Quarantine!! (How I learned the hard way...)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I dealt with diarrhea, I just give them crackers with their normal diet, gets them back to regular each time. Same thing with probiotics.

I always give yogurt if mild diarrhea or probiotics from health food store if more serious.
Given at least 2 hours apart from antibiotics.

Good to know about the BRAT diet tho.

When my dog had diarrhea my vet told me to mix rice into her food. For whatever reason I guess rice just helps to firm things up.

As a brief update... I have 3 rats left now. (From 7 at New Years)

I put Tevy to sleep at the emergency clinic sometime last week or so... the days all blur together now.

I found Pixie dead in her cage yesterday morning. I had just started nebulizing her the night before.

On the upside, I think the remaining 3 -- Skye, Cleo (she is pulling through) and Bella are going to be fine. The FN just seems so empty with only 3 rats!

Oh no! i'm so sorry... I'm glad that you still have three of your babies though. I can't imagine what you must be going through...

Hopefully this will be the last sad update to this thread.

Cleopatra is gone. She passed over the rainbow bridge yesterday. *sigh*

I have two rats left now... Skye and Bella. Both are healthy, and happy. And getting the run of a FN 142 which must be like a castle to them.

Oh my god Lise, I really can not comprehend what you have just been through. Here's hoping Skye and Bella stay with you for much, much longer.

Back