PREGNANT RAT IN LABOR FOR 24H help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to be askign your parents to drive you, getting friends to drive you takign a bus and gettign her to the vet now. get off the forum and go... If it is an emergency liek this vets usually take you when you show up. So go

people online say you can feel babies move inside her and feel them but i have never felt them or seen them moe inside her. she is not very big im size at all. im new to this site or i dont know how to start a chat. i will try and post a picture of her belly

Snapshot_20130228_zpsc8e516b2.jpg.html

here she is currently. sorry for my face im crying... shes in so much pain, i can see. i feel awful and i know im going to have to put her down

*update*
LILY JUST HAD A BABY! WHAT ARE THE ODDS??????
anyway, it was born dead so she ate it shortly after it was born. now its a waiting game to see if she will have more. shes currently lying down and acting kinda sleepy. there was alot of blood.

Keep us posted... it is quite normal for them to have at least one dead baby in the litter. The best thing would be if by some chance she did manage to have other healthy babies. Be prepared incase you do have to take her to the vet though.

yeah I read that....her parents refuse? I would inform my parents if it was me that it is illegal not to get medical help for an animal in need...especially if others are willing to help pay

There is no point she is refusign our help and wont take her to a vet or a rescue to be humanly euthanized or spayed.. She stopped havign babies but is not sleepy and lethargic and lost a lot of blood. The only thing to do now is keep her hydrated adn hope she passes quietly and withotu anymore trauma...

Even if your parents won't help, call your friends and ask their parents to drive you. You can tell the vet a fund is bring collected.
DO IT NOW.

myvelyn said:
Millennium City Vet in Pickering is open until 7 p.m. and will take an emergency if you phone. Do it NOW. 905-420-9555.

She has no moenya nd her parents wont pay.. she is also refusing to surrender her to a rescue to be pts.

We had a chat with this young lady and I don't feel she's not seeing or refuses to see what may be best for her pet. We've been giving her advice on what she could do, what she should do for the best of her pet, but she said and I quote "I can't afford anything and my parents won't help," so when we suggested her surrendering she stated "I am NOT GIVING HER UP SO FORGET IT" and it resulted in more yelling when we suggested PTS or a shelter who can ease her suffering, "If she dies then she will die with me, END OF DISCUSSION" she'd rather have her suffer the rest of her life should she be suffering.

I'm not trying to judge here, but it's clear this young lady has come to the wrong place if she's just going to yell at the members here who want to help and reject every idea we give her. I don't appreciate being yelled at just for trying to help that's for sure :( not to mention this young lady has also apparently been trying to sell her male rat as "snake food" and knowingly got her girl rat pregnant before. I'm not sure I can offer any help at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back