PREGNANT RAT IN LABOR FOR 24H help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys not very good :( no babies and there's dark blood coming from her vagina.

I can't do this anymore guys.. this is awful.

And last night when he would walk, she would stop and stretch out. Now she's just walking slower and she doesn't want to come out of her hut

Do you know anyone with a credit card? Are you over 18? Sometimes vets have credit options but I'm not sure how common that is in Canada. Call the vet and see if there's something they can do - she should really be seen tonight. If you can, pick up some (sugar free) young coconut juice and syringe feed her to keep her hydrated, it's a natural electrolyte source and rats like it much more than Pedialyte.

ETA: The stretching was a sign of pain.

:thud: I CANT TAKE HER TO VET. :rant: im freaking out guys. Im only 14 years old. dont have a job. or a car. or money. :( I cant do anything. Shes currently eating and drinking. whats the brown blood? :panic:

Let's get her and get her to a vet can anyone pick her up and get her in? We can get donations to help

I should add, it may be too late for surgery at this point. If you are sure about when she was with the male, red flags should have gone up at 23-24 days. (I'm writing this more for anyone else that's in a similar situation in the future.) It's not normal for rats to be pregnant for more than 23 days.

If you absolutely cannot get to a vet tonight, it may be worth calling the humane society and seeing if they'll euthanize her humanely. It's incredibly unlikely she'll survive at this point without a vet. I'm very sorry.

You dont have to do that guys ill feel awful. :cry: i just dont know what to do. Im in Pickering, ontario.. theres no on around me could help

hopefloats said:
Let's get her and get her to a vet can anyone pick her up and get her in? We can get donations to help

Someone would need to pick her up now and get her to a vet tonight. If you go to Armherst tonight, I can put $50 towards her care on my credit card. I don't have the money myself as I've spent hundreds at the vet myself in the past month but I'll figure out a way. Let me know and I can call the clinic and give them my credit card information. If anyone else wants to contribute, I can add to my donation and you can pay me back via Paypal or an EFT.

To be perfectly honest, 14 year olds shouldn't have pets. They can take care of family pets but ultimately it's the parent's job to pay for vet care. Maybe you should consider not getting more pets until you have some way to get money for the vet. Rats need health care often and it's not fun to lose them and watch them suffer from something that could have been treated.

Get her to a good rat vet that can help right now!

Post the info on here and maybe some people can phone the vet and donate toward her care as Victoria just suggested.
She either needs surgery right now or may need to be humanely put to sleep by the vet.
Information on how to have a rat humanely put to sleep: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9582

Suggest that anyone willing to help, donate directly to the vet for the care of this rattie.

Or is the anyone in the area that can go get that poor rattie and get her the care she needs right now???

victoria said:
hopefloats said:

Someone would need to pick her up now and get her to a vet tonight. If you go to Armherst tonight, I can put $50 towards her care on my credit card. I don't have the money myself as I've spent hundreds at the vet myself in the past month but I'll figure out a way. Let me know and I can call the clinic and give them my credit card information. If anyone else wants to contribute, I can add to my donation and you can pay me back via Paypal or an EFT.

I can do $25 if she has a way to get her into the vet. Just let me know and I can paypal you. Sorry I can't do more but I have 10 of my own right now and 2 are going in tomorrow for their vet visits.

victoria said:
To be perfectly honest, 14 year olds shouldn't have pets. They can take care of family pets but ultimately it's the parent's job to pay for vet care. Maybe you should consider not getting more pets until you have some way to get money for the vet. Rats need health care often and it's not fun to lose them and watch them suffer from something that could have been treated.
I Agree. if you cant pay for their care at a moments notice and your parents refuse to help then dont get more pets until you can pay for them..

Called called armherst.. the examination is $85.
i feel so bad for her right now guys you dont even know. :cry4: i love her so much and i dont know what i would do if i lost her

We have $75, that will likely cover the cost of an exam at least. Can you get her to the vet tonight? Can you call the clinic and see if they can fit her in?

ETA: With your $20, you have the exam fee covered. You can also call the Greenwood Park Animal Hospital in Leslieville (if you can get there) and see if they can fit you in. Their exam fee is $77 and they are better for rats. 416-778-6666

Get her to the vet now!
She needs surgery or to be pts humanely.
(See previous post above for link on info about how to have a rat humanely put to sleep - most vets do not know how to do it properly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back