Poor Lilith...Eye Again.. Update 8/11 :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, that is a darned masterpiece right there... well, a masterpiece of surgery! Scraped down to the bone, eye gone... that is like textbook (or at least it would be if there was a textbook on enucleation/infection draining in rats with Lids of Steel!)

She's look great!

Lilith send some of your super healing powers over this way for my Little Miss :giggle:

Lilith update. I noticed something last night and I am wondering if you will see it too. :undecided:

From the side so you can see the healing. There's still seepage (serum?) but no smell of infection.

jul14Lilith.jpg

Here is where you can really notice it. I sent an update email to Dr Munn so he could see it too.

jul14Lilitheyefromabove.jpg

What about drainage from her lacrimal gland? I'm not too sure about rattie anatomy, but they must have them too. Then it would be considered 'normal'. (****Please be normal, please be normal....****)

The only things I notice, if I'm really guessing, is possibly darker skin color by the eye, & perhaps some hair loss (of course, she is kind of hairless all over, so I don't know if that's her norm).

violet976 said:
The only things I notice, if I'm really guessing, is possibly darker skin color by the eye, & perhaps some hair loss (of course, she is kind of hairless all over, so I don't know if that's her norm).

*ding ding ding* You win the prize!! The change in colour is new (not so much the bareness)...and in person it looks very bluish.

Bummer, not the prize I'd want to win. So, I'm assuming that's not bruising from the surgery, but instead new. What would that possibly mean?

Well here we go...a change. The sneezing is worse, and there's liquid coming from it...they are squeaky sneezes. She's on baytril now to see if we can curb that, but today her eye looked swollen and pink underneath.

I found her in the pillow that I let Tepeu disembowel.

jul20Lilithinthepillow.jpg

You can see some of the swelling under the "eye" here.

jul20Lilitheye2.jpg

and while I was gently pressing, this fluid came up...looks like liquidy pus doesn't it? No infection smell though. Could it still be body fluids? Her sneezing showed a small droplet of the same colour stuff from her nose. :undecided: Could things be draining and affecting her nasal cavity?

jul20Lilitheyepus.jpg

Back