Poor Lilith...Eye Again.. Update 8/11 :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Well a bit of same old, same old for my now chubby Lilith (she lived with too many old, sickly rats and just scarfed down all the supplements) but I think there's something more serious going on as well.

her tail is healing very well!

jun5Lilithstailstub.jpg

But I was trying to take pics of this hard lump over her eye that just showed up and saw that she had something sticking out of her eye...
jun5Lilithseye3.jpg

So I convinced her to let me pull it out...blech...hair etc out from under her 3rd eyelid...poor lassy!!!
jun5Lilithseyegunk.jpg

But the lump above her other eye is very hard (feels a bit like bone) which worries me to no end. She's 23 months old, and things can start happening now.
:sad3:
jun5Lilithseye2.jpg

jun5Lilitheye.jpg

You can see the lump in this blurry pic
jun5Lilithslumpabovehereye.jpg

She will be dropped off to Dr Munn's clinic in the morning. :undecided:

Dr Munn said that her eye may need to be removed from what the assistant relayed to him...of course he will examine her, but I get the feeling he was expecting this to happen one day. Now I wait.

Good Luck to Lilith!!!!

And to you Shelagh for having to wait :-/

Hopefully it isn't anything too severe. Maybe just a cleaning?? *fingers crossed*
Could it be a cyst above her eye?

Oh little Lilith. :sad3:

She has definitely been through the mill with that eye! I hope Dr. Munn can help give her the peace she deserves. The darling little thing. :love6: Lilith :love6:

Sorry the boss came in and never left...so I couldn't update at all :/

Well my least fears seem to be right. The lump is very hard like bone, and most likely is a tumour. Her eye has been flushed, the white stuff was necrotic cornea and was removed, and her eye is relatively fine. The only option we have is to remove the eye to see if we can get back to the lump, but what's the point? It would be more exploratory than anything and we don't think there will be a cure. We don't think there's any pain (still starting her on metacam to see though), and she's doing really well, so we shall wait and see if it affects the eye eventually. Normally when a rat is unconcious you can "pop" the eye out more for a better look, but Lilith's eye is unable to do this anymore probably due to the lump.

The good news is that my "surgery money" didn't have to be used, and Truffle is booked for her removal for June 17th :joy: , and then Inca will have her small lump removed by her remaining hind leg. She will be spayed at the same time to hopefully prevent further mammary tumours as a 3-legged girl cannot deal with tumours.

well the main thing I guess is that she is doing well and got her eye cleaned up and you've got some painkillers and your other kids booked for their procedures
Thanks for the update.. bummer about the boss!

lilspaz68 said:
Sorry the boss came in and never left...so I couldn't update at all :/

Well my least fears seem to be right. The lump is very hard like bone, and most likely is a tumour. Her eye has been flushed, the white stuff was necrotic cornea and was removed, and her eye is relatively fine. The only option we have is to remove the eye to see if we can get back to the lump, but what's the point? It would be more exploratory than anything and we don't think there will be a cure. We don't think there's any pain (still starting her on metacam to see though), and she's doing really well, so we shall wait and see if it affects the eye eventually. Normally when a rat is unconcious you can "pop" the eye out more for a better look, but Lilith's eye is unable to do this anymore probably due to the lump.

The good news is that my "surgery money" didn't have to be used, and Truffle is booked for her removal for June 17th :joy: , and then Inca will have her small lump removed by her remaining hind leg. She will be spayed at the same time to hopefully prevent further mammary tumours as a 3-legged girl cannot deal with tumours.

Poor little Lilith. I hope she isn't in any pain and can enjoy her life for as long as possible. :love6:

You have a rat named "Truffle".... you should have "Godiva" create a rat shaped truffle in her honor. :giggle:

Back