Poor Lilith...Eye Again.. Update 8/11 :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her lungs sound sooo much better today :joy: I think that part is working, now we just need to get this mild infection under control. *whew*

I woke her up for her meds, then woke her up again to take these pics.

aug3Lilith3.jpg

aug3Lilith2.jpg

She forgives me when I give her a kiss and some pats

aug3Lilith.jpg

Her new friend Shimei is usually pretty close to her these days.

aug2Shimei.jpg

So glad to read Lilith is doing a bit better! What a relief! And it is so nice that she has a friend that cares for her :heart: Good girl Shimei!

Lungs are a TON better...she still sneezes when she gets moving, but it passes.

Her eye opened up this morning...ewww

Pics from tonight.

aug4Lilith1.jpg

But she's so quick and lively :heart:

aug4Lilith2.jpg

Last night I got a good look at Lilith and a feel. She lay on my chest and let me feel both sides of her head (I sometimes close my eyes so I don't get visually distracted). The lump on her snout, is hard and feels just like the lump above her eye used to. I think the "cancer" is back. The only good thing is that there isn't an eye to compress and push around anymore, so hopefully she will be okay for a bit longer. As I said, she's bright, and even though she loves to sleep, she is an older girl. I touch her and she bruxxes so I don't think she's in any pain, but I will watch like a hawk.

It makes me happy to hear that she's an older girl, & at least has had a very loving companion by her side to ooh & ahh her. :heart: I hope she can stick around as long as she'd like to. She seems like she's going to do what she wants no matter what... she's just that type of gal. :cheeky:

Oh sweet Lilith, glad to hear she is holding her own and has a buddy. Hopefully she will adjust to being unable to see so she won't be too stressed.

Weirdly enough Lilith is happier and more active than she's been in a long time, wandering around exploring blindly on the floor, running when I open the cage door at night, running to me when I call her name (and she's not sleeping of course :roll: ).

BUT my guess is that the mass is growing and pushing, but since there's already an opening near the eye its just opening up more and there's no pain or internal pressure. It's changing fast.

The bottom especially is being pushed out, the skin slides over the tissue below, and she seems to be in no discomfort. I know when Lilith hurts now...and she's not

aug7Lilithseye2.jpg

aug7Lilithseye3.jpg

aug7Lilithseye.jpg

My vet is in Seattle til next Friday for the AEMV annual conference.

I'm glad she's not in pain, but terribly sorry that this whole thing has not presented a better outcome for you both. I know how hard you've tried, & how much you've both been through, & it pisses me off to no end that poor Lilith can't be given a break here.

I'll be hoping that whatever it is takes it's sweet time & allows Lilith as much quality time as possible. Actually, I'll be hoping for a miracle (as is my nature), but even the former would suffice. :heart:

Back