Poor Lilith...Eye Again.. Update 8/11 :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called again, but Christine hasn't had a chance to talk to Dr Munn about her. She's fine, she's alive, she's chewing on herself (buprenorphine I would imagine, an opiate that causes pica behaviour in rats. They will call me later on.

lilspaz68 said:
I called again, but Christine hasn't had a chance to talk to Dr Munn about her. She's fine, she's alive, she's chewing on herself (buprenorphine I would imagine, an opiate that causes pica behaviour in rats). They will call me later on.

Nothing better than "chewing" on yourself.... :giggle:

We just got home. Both of us tired. I think she's very happy to be home though.

Dr. Munn went in to remove the eye, and all of a sudden there was a spray of pus coming from somewhere...there ended up being a fistula behind and in front of the eye full of pus. He had to remove it all by going down to her skull...The hard tissue may have been tumourous or it may have been a few other things that we talked about and I honestly cannot remember...some type of condition of the skin/cells...painful as heck? Cellulitus? A slighter possibility was maybe she somehow got something in and stuck behind her eye causing the fistula? It was weird LOL

They put 2 antibiotic beads in the wound before gluing it closed. She is to be getting oral meds, oral pain meds and I have injectable buprenorphine just in case she needs it.

My poor lady is very swollen, and we all have our fingers tightly crossed that it doesn't come back. I shall be sniffing her eye often. LOL

Picture of her pre-surgery, when I thought I was taking her in to be pts.
jun14LilithPre-surgery.jpg

And I put her back in her old cage because the nasty girl of her crew was very upset and stressed out. Her eyes were not happy in the least, and her sister (an emotional and physical barometer) was lying over her all the time. Not usual for this pair at all.

But Kelly's eyes became very bright when she found Lil back. :D
jun16Kelly.jpg

Even blind Tepeu poked her head out
jun16Teppy.jpg

And Jill, my little nursemaid, was thrilled and stationed herself beside her friend. They are both out on the bed right now, enjoying some normalcy.
jun16Jill.jpg

Post surgery pics
jun16Lilith4.jpg

jun16Lilith3.jpg

jun16Lilith2.jpg

My little trooper! :heart:
jun16Lilith1.jpg

Back