Poor Lilith...Eye Again.. Update 8/11 :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lilith's eye has changed again...more necrotic cornea stuck on her eyeball (flushing it does not remove it), and now there's red tissue in the corner of her eye, that looks to be compressing her eyeball. I have an email into Munn to see if there's anything we can do, and if I should bring her in so he could see her.

jun13Lilith2.jpg

jun13Lilith1.jpg

:sad3: Sweet Lilith :(

Give her lots of kisses! I'm sure you already are.

So happy I got to give her french fries last night. She took one and scampered off and then came back for another. Silly Lilith. Her antics will be missed.

oh no! This is truly awful about Lilith. I am honoured I had the privilege of meeting her once. Send you warm thoughts

Good news!!!! Tanis and I met Dr. Munn who said her eye was much worse, which we knew, and the red tissue is the eye tissue being pushed out by the tumour. We talked about it, and how full of energy and life and just how Lilith was, and I asked if there was any possibility of that tumour being able to be removed. So we discussed that with a normal enucleation, just the globe is removed and all the other tissue is left, but with this we would take it all out. BUT we have to be very prepared that it will be a mess in there and she will be let go on the table. Dr Munn said he would REALLY like to try with Liliith, and me and Tanis burst into grins and high-fived. Yes!!! :joy:

Her exclusive cage was occupied at the time (a hamster) but Dr Munn said the hamster would be booted out so Lilith could have her usual cage. :giggle:

Dr Munn's "day off" is actually tomorrow but he will do her surgery in the morning, and prefers to do his tricky ones at that time on the Wednesday's :bow:

Wish her much luck!!! :heart: :heart:

Oh my heart sank when I read you would be having her PTS tonight, and then soared again when you said Dr. Munn would try and save her. Who needs roller coasters! I so hope she can get a few more months...
Sweet Lilith :heart:

Joanne said:
Oh my heart sank when I read you would be having her PTS tonight, and then soared again when you said Dr. Munn would try and save her. Who needs roller coasters! I so hope she can get a few more months...
Sweet Lilith :heart:

Very exact same thing here!!! I am so happy!!! Way to go! I hope everything will go smoothly and she comes back to you good and happy!!! :joy:

I called the clinic since I had stopped breathing, was twitching everytime the phone rang. They usually call once the animal is waking up because as we know, they can sometimes pass directly after the surgery. BUT the assistant told me surgery went well, and they are waiting for her to wake up..Wheee!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
We have a reason to celebrate tonight, my cooking :wink2: and Lilith's surgery :mrgreen:

They just called, she's wobbly but has had some baby cereal. My vet wants to keep her overnight just to make sure she's doing okay and they will load her up with pain meds.

This was a big surgery for my little girl. :heart:

Back