Piper and her babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! Yeah I would be :oops: to if i showed those pics lol! They are really cute! LOL you were right about wait till i see the pictures that you took this morning! They just melt my heart.

I know godmother..... isn't it a great feeling to feel those little tongues.. :love7: ...Oh they are sweet.........We had a play in the playpen tonight...They licked some more pablum off my fingers, ran around a bit, then I lifted them up on my lap (I was sitting in there with them :wink: ) and they all cuddled in and went to sleep.....

rats079.jpg

rats076.jpg

rats074.jpg

rats082.jpg

rats086.jpg

rats085.jpg

Thank you Jo....I popped a few bottoms off my shirt from your comment...
I am pretty pleased with them. I would have loved them anyway if they had all been black regular eared......but I can't believe how lucky I was to get all those beautiful babies...... :love4:

Who would have thought one little black rescue rat would give me my PEW, two little blues, 4 little blacks with all a bit different, 4 beautiful little fawns.........8 girls and 3boys and just for icing on the cake.......make three of them dumbos........and if that wasn't enough Piper herself is such a sweet and loving little rat...and a great momma.

My goodness your rats are so cute. :love4: I feel so clucky right now… for baby rats. Sigh! I'm going to go clean out a messy rat cage to snap me out of this.

BTW, can anyone tell me what ma cocotte means?

Dahlas said:
My one blue is all blue with dumbo ears......my other blue girl has a white belly and regular ears........I think my boy Dozer has dumbo ears and maybe my black berk girl.....not sure about her or not....but the other two are noticeable.........Piper did a great job!!!

Maisy is definately a dumbo-girl 8)

Piper and the babies are sleeping in their new (made by hubby) playpen....They are waiting for SQ and Godmother to come for a visit. They will be here is a few hours.......I have told Sydney to keep her cage clean but she has carried the bedding from the bottom twice and scattered paper everywhere......I am waiting till she has a nap to tidy it up again.......silly girl doesn't she want her cage to look nice for the company :wink:

We had a wonderful visit with SQ and Godmother.......I was thrilled to see both of them. It is wonderful to have new rattie friends. They brought my martins R-695...and SQ and my hubby put it together while Godmother and I chatted....and supervised :wink:
Godmother took a few pictures of the babies...who, with Piper, spent the whole day in the play pen...They had lots of fun.
So here are a few pictures of Day 16....I will..of course.....post some more pictures of today day 17 later today....

Tilly having some cereal
rats227.jpg

Dozer looking cute.....
rats228.jpg

The play pen
rats229.jpg

rats230.jpg

rats239.jpg

Piper and some of the babies
rats244-1.jpg

rats251.jpg

Here is Piper showing of her nice sleek body......
rats247.jpg

It was such a great visit! Dahlas practically had to sweep us out with a broom, we stayed so long. She & her family have made a wonderful home for the ratties.

See what a good girl I was?? :angel2: Didn't even rat-nap one of those adorable babies... very tempting. :twisted:

So nice to have a get-together of the Maritime rat-sisterhood. We hope to do this again.

Another bonus: I figured out something with my camera that I should have figured out ages ago: closeups of ratties are best done with the Macro setting! :oops: I feel silly not to have realized that before.

Piper is a strict mama; she doesn't let those babies wander too far. I tried to take a video of her hauling them back into the nursery box, but she moved too fast for me!

Another fun filled day is the play pen for the babies......

Picture013.jpg

Picture043-1.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Rattie babies cuddling in my cow slipper...
Picture052.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture061.jpg

The babies love the delicious banana mash that Godmother brought for them......
Picture064.jpg

Little Angel eating her first cheerio....
Picture058.jpg

Here is my new cage.....on the top is Piper and all the babies....
and Sydney is hanging out in the bottom half......
I can't say thank you enough to Godmother for picking this up for me and delivering it to me......It was at least a 4hr drive for her.
Then her and SQ drove to my house and set it up and played with the babies......they are the most wonderful people......thank you both again
:grouphug:
Picture100.jpg

Back