Picking up 2 Feeder "Boys" Poor Sage RIP Sam :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww, she's still a little girl, she doesn't want to give up her ritten-hood so soon, poor baby.

I hope the little boy pulls thru. Have you seen him trying to nurse at all?

must have been a long night for you :hugs:

Petunia said:
aww, she's still a little girl, she doesn't want to give up her ritten-hood so soon, poor baby.

I hope the little boy pulls thru. Have you seen him trying to nurse at all?

must have been a long night for you :hugs:

I haven't seen any nursing, but he should either be dead now, or very weak with a concave belly...so far he looks small and not great, but not as horrible as he should. Sage lies on him all night, so hopefully if she has any milk he finds it. I am going to take it minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.

That's all you can do, with the little ones.

I'd imagine that if there were only two bubs and they were a few days "late" that they would be be quite advanced.

Poor little Sage, though, completely oblivious. Babies should never have babies, no matter what species they are.

I also want to mention, I am not looking for a foster mom for the one baby. If the mom had died and it was an entire healthy litter, then I probably would, but for one small, probably unwell baby I won't go that route and will just pray that nature is kind on his behalf.

What an ordeal! I hadn't been following news of Sage, so I didn't realize you were going through all this. :hugs: So glad that the little one is still alive and that Sage is OK.

I wanted to add, that no rats die nameless at my home, no matter if I never met them or not. There are too many nameless babies of all species dying this way. The wee one who was found gone, was named Joey. The wee one still going is now Sam from the suggestion of Godmother. :thumbup: I am praying to the Milk Belly Gods now. :bow:

Moon said:
AlexP said:
:bow: I know it's supposed to be a bowing smiley, but I'm using it as a praying smiley.

Here you go
:praying:

Thanks Moon.

That's great news Shelagh, and I'm going to keep praying for more good news :praying: . I love the name by the way.

Cannot get to the other computer to upload pics to PB so I shall have to attach them directly.

Sage this morning

Sam last night when I first saw him

Sam later that night

and this morning this sight, gave me a wee bit of hope...poop that wasn't there before...is she feeding him?

Sage trying to be a Mom

My little Eli look-alike :heart:

jan2Eli4.jpg

Well somethings gotta be going on if he's still fighting. Come on little on make it so we can coo over how special you are and not cry from a loss.

Is it possible for you to check to see if Sage is producing any milk? For all we know she is trying to feed the wee one at night and just doesn't have enough for him.

My mind is gonna be with Sage and Sam all day... what a trooper he is!!!

And I am very relieved to read that Sage shows interest into him. Now if only that milk belly could show up...

I so hope he will be fine! Mommy is young and inexperienced, but he's got a heck of a good godmother to watch over him, he's got all the chances in the world... if the milk belly shows up... :praying:

lilspaz68 said:
Cannot get to the other computer to upload pics to PB so I shall have to attach them directly.

Sage this morning

Sam last night when I first saw him

Sam later that night

and this morning this sight, gave me a wee bit of hope...poop that wasn't there before...is she feeding him?

Sage trying to be a Mom

My little Eli look-alike :heart:

jan2Eli4.jpg

Seriously... only on the Rat Shack can I say that I am thrilled to see some rat poop and not get wrapped up in a straitjacket and transported to the next neuropsychiatric facility. :bunnydance: :giggle:

Come on Sage and Sam... lets work on that milk belly! :cuddle:

Back