Picking up 2 Feeder "Boys" Poor Sage RIP Sam :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Not sure what to expect.

Facts:
1) They were "small" when bought as a group of 10 to feed the husbands snakes. The boy in the ad is a "medium" now, 120-140 grams. So I would guess 7-8 weeks?
2) Another boy comes with him, a himi named Dusty.
3) The wife fell in love with the black hoodie boy they named Contagion, refusing to allow him to be food, named him so they wanted a pet home for him, and Dusty if someone wanted him along with the hoodie boy. Supposedly Contagion is the friendliest, sweetest thing, loves to be patted and is very quiet. I couldn't leave Dusty behind to be fed to a snake.

Not so sure:

In the ad, he mentions they think Contagion has a neurological problem, and compared it to Tourettes...severe shaking and sneezing is what was mentioned. I have NO clue what he will be like. He looked good in the ads, but the ad was pulled down quickly after they said I could have them. So now we wait. I will be taking transit to Scarborough Town Centre and meeting him at 2 pm there today. It will be hours out of my day but if the wee 'un is sick, its better he go to someone who will treat him. Being super quiet as a baby could mean a severe illness although in the ad he looked pretty good. :undecided:

That's funny comparing it to Tourettes. Maybe they have buggies. Or ear infection.
10 feeders to feed a snake? wow, how big is the snake?

jorats said:
That's funny comparing it to Tourettes. Maybe they have buggies. Or ear infection.
10 feeders to feed a snake? wow, how big is the snake?

Snakes plural. No idea. I am hoping its not seizures. That would be sad in a little boy. :(

Here they are :)

Oct16DustyandContagion.jpg

Dusty is a very nervous pretty boy with the typical skinny head of Ontario rats these days. He's a very light smeeze, and freezes but is starting to become curious. He depends on Contagion (name MUST change) for comfort and security. Contagion IS sick, that nasty nasal, moving into lungs URI...hopefully the baytril given ASAP gives us a good chance.

oct16Dustyincarrier.jpg

oct16Dusty3.jpg

oct16Dusty1.jpg

oct16Dusty2.jpg

There is only one big problem though. Dusty is a boy as advertised but Contagion is very much a girl. A young small girl, weighing 142 grams and a solid feeling belly...sigh.
E-spay next week it looks like once I get that URI under control. So I am going to let the 2 live together. He needs her and then after the spay they can stay together.
Maybe join the baby boys once they are separated in 2 weeks. Hmmmm. :scratch:

Contagion also didn't give me any really good pics, because she was always hunched up ready to sneeze.

oct16Contagionincarrier.jpg

oct16Contagionbelly.jpg

oct16Contagionfromabove.jpg

oct16Contagion3.jpg

oct15Contagion1.jpg

They had a male and female but couldn't see the difference? :?

Has she done anything like the little fits they described?

Cripes, that's not a fit...

And seriously, they didn't SEE the difference in goolies/not goolies?!

Ugh. ::throws up hands:: Let's really hope she holds until an e-spay...

Definitely going to have to call her something else (I almost threw up when I saw the name the first time). Thinking of any themes? Something that goes with Dusty? (I will avoid suggesting Hoover...)

Oh Jeez! They are sweet! :nod: and very lucky the universe has conspired to make you their momma!! :nod:

Some people really don't get the goolies/no goolies thing; case in point...my last two girls were pitched as brother and sister but brother's testicles never dropped, they guessed??? :gaah: Both are indeed girls :wallbang:

:gaah:
WHEN are people gonna pay attention in health class?!!!
The cushions in back means a boy and the lack of one means a girl. :wallbang:
Girlie looks pregnant too. :rant:
I hope she can get an e-spay and you can afford it.
I would foster the Mom and babies if I was down to 4 or so.
Sadly to say there will be a next time and maybe I can help out then.
I Think the Himi is SO handsome. :thud:

So glad you got them, poor sweethearts. Maybe Contagion can change her name to Miller?? I look forward to seeing the photos; my internet is acting up this week, and sometimes it just never loads the photos.

So I had Dusty and Contagion (I shall call her Tage for short...long 'A", soft "g") out with me tonight. Little Dusty is going to be sweet sweet sweet once he loses some fear. Tage is already exploring and cuddling. I decided to separate them just in case she's not pregnant. I have her meeting Syra and Shade right now and its going well. :) Little Dusty gained a lot of confidence when I had him out, so might not be utterly devastated to be on his own for 2 weeks.

First weight for Tage was 142 grams.

ETA: Its a no go, Shade is great, but Syra turned on her after being just fine...nasty, no blood, lots of noise and pouncing...little Tage was very frightened.

Size comparison for the wee girl.

oct16Tage.jpg

Back