Petunia and her bubs - the end of an era...pg 20

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Ivy is now not doing well. She went from going about her normal routine to not leaving her bed and I am suringe feeding her as I could not let her not eat or drink. I think she may have had a stroke :-(

Re done area for Ivy

ivy.jpg

Oh dear, I'm so sorry. :(
Sometimes they can come back from it and sometimes not. If you want to try treating her, I think steroids are the way to go.
Hugs to you and Ivy :hugs:
Daffy sends her love...

Hi just an update on Ivy. She is now eating on her own and walking around and using the litter box once again. I do not have to feed her by syringe or bath her as she is doing all on her own for the past week now. I know she is an oldie but man she has so much spunk left in her. Keeping paws crossed for this to continue.

Yay Ivy!!! I'm so glad she has bounced back. :D
I thought Daffy had a tumour around her urethra and that I would have to put her down, but then one day I saw pus, and rejoiced!
Four of Petunia's babies are still plugging along at 30 months!

Sorry to read about the losses, but happy to hear a few of our little ratties are still going strong. My two, Faren and Fionn, are still doing well at 30 months, but Fionn has now developed hind end dysplasia/paralysis, so working on moving them from their current gigantic 3x3x5ft 9 level into a smaller 1 level. Hopefully I can get some pictures of them later.

Pictures!

I always think Fionn looks like a young rattie even at 30 months, I think it's because he has the baby soft fur from being neutered. Those poor hind legs though, it breaks my heart. Faren looks pretty good I'd say for 30 months, but is always goopy around one of her eyes, other than that she is great and it never seems to bother her. She is still extremely quick and hard to photograph.

Tiniest rat lover helping to set up the oldie cage:
2j61e6v.jpg

Fionn:
o7u6f5.jpg

m8cwvd.jpg

Faren:
voswht.jpg

2hygunk.jpg

Your kids (all three of them) are looking great! What do the ratties think of their new digs?
Daffy (30 months) and Sabrina (42 months) are still in the Critter Nation. I guess I worry they will find the smaller cage too small. They both have hind end degeneration, Sabrina much more than Daffy. I worry that the less they use their muscles, the less they will be ABLE to use their muscles, so I try and compromise a bit. Soon it will be necessary to change things up again.
This is their current set up, and Sabrina still sleeps in the hammock up top ( she's posing :) )

pypu4ape.jpg

Adapting much better to the smaller accommodations, though it is still a fair size for 2 ratties. Fionn was really struggling and getting his feet caught climbing ramps, etc. They seem satisfied with the size, and neither climb the side of the cage, just mosey around taking life slowly and use the wheel for naps and eating rather than running. Glad your guys are doing well.

Yeah, I noticed a long time ago that any of my rats with HED had potential to really injure themselves by getting hung up in the ramp. Note the sock ramp covers in place. :giggle:

42 months! Wow! You lucky mom! I like seeing your cage for them. I always worry about my boys getting HED (which I think is likely), and how I will accommodate them.

Well, time once again for an update...
Today I said goodbye to Daffy. She has progressively gotten worse neuro symptoms, and had gotten to the point where she didn't know how to eat anymore. It was somewhat like a PT, but some of the signs were different, like the obsessive chewing. She seemed like she may have been in pain too, which worried me. She is now meeting her momma and sisters at the Bridge, and catching up on all the news.
Rest easy my love... :heart:

Back