Otto and Wilbur More Pics 11/17

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The obligatory dangling shots....only one week here, they were great and pretty relaxed! :mrgreen:

Wilbur
Wilburdangles2Oct31.jpg

WilburdanglesOct31.jpg

Otto
Ottodangles2Oct31.jpg

OttodanglesOct31.jpg

Whoever gets these boys are very lucky. I wish I could just buy another FN. :lol: A reptile store. Psh.

My girls still don't let me dangle them, they spin their tails around trying to find something to stand on. :(

Dangling is a test of the trust and relaxation a rat has. Some rats never get used to it, and will always flail, helicopter tail. Some will just dangle limply knowing that you won't hurt them or let them fall...the best ones sometimes will eat or even tuck their hind legs into their body. :)

I wasn't sure how Otto would take it, but he was better than Wilbur!!

I'm so thrilled I'm not the only one! O.O

Actually Cody let me dangle her, but she was simply the best rat in the world. ;D

Wilbur is awesome as usual, and more like a puppy than a boyrat every day. He rolls on his back for his bellyrub and acts like an eager puppy all the time :D

Otto is really coming out of his shell, he just needed consistency and my "wheee!" voice to tell him life is fun and good. :oops: He is a real success. If you look at his previous pics you will see the fear is out of his eyes.

Here are the boys today. Otto runs for the cage front now when I come by and stays very still for tummy and cheek scritches. Even when he's out and something startles him, he runs away a couple of steps and turns. Then I talk to him and he comes back to me...becoming very brave my Dark One. :roll:

Wilbur...Out??
Wilburt-out.jpg

Otto...Out??
Otto-out.jpg

The 2 cuties
OttoandWilburNov17.jpg

Ugh...flashies :(
Wilbur-flashies.jpg

Wilbur...Aren't I handsome?
Wilbur1Nov17.jpg

You are handsome Wilbur until we see you are buck grease boy....LOL
Wilburisbuckgraseboy.jpg

Trying to show off Otto's little bald spot, instead I get a Look. :lol:
Ottosbaldspot.jpg

Here it is..not sure if its barbering or if Wilbur was grooming off the topical Ivermectin I was treating them with, and will leave it alone now.
OttosbaldspotNov17.jpg

The boys are going to the vets today, but they are booked for neuters next friday. :)

Hands off, Jo! Otto's on my List! :p

They're both very lovely, and they look so sweet. otto's face is just so sincere! Aww!!

Wilby's going to have to get used to not having his hair products. No more spiking for him!

I am sooo incredibly proud of these boys!! We went on a scary bus then a scary subway and then another short ride on a bus. Then they were handled by a stranger and met new people too!

They were awesome! They were calm and sweet and friendly on top of it. Everyone fell in love with them :D I was a little tiny bit worried how Otto would take it because he has never been handled by anyone other than me but he was sooo good! :heart:

And I met a girl there who had 2 sick older ratgirls, the most adorable little things :) One of them did the same lip smacking that Soma did as her version of happy bruxing, and then I found out that the little old PEW girl was from THS as well!!! :D Sister maybe? The age was about right :D

I told her about us, so I only hope she joins our happy rat community :)

Back