Otto and Wilbur More Pics 11/17

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I just took in 2 boys on the verge of being driven to the reptile store. I plan on getting them better (Smokey..ugh :roll: has a URI and they both have mites and haven't been handled in a long time if ever for Blackie) and rehoming them in the near future.

I HATE their names and they don't know them anyways. Boys in my home are allowed to have human names but they have to be a bit different. I have had a Pippens, Farraday, Dominic, Sebastian (nto named by me), a Dilbert, Beni and Ortiz and 2 others not named by me Bear and Tucker. Just to give you an idea. :)
What does everyone think of Wilbur for Smokey? LOL

They are supposed to be 1.5 years old but I am not sure of that, they might be younger. I will take pics on the couch tonight so you can see their stance and how "on their toes" they walk/stand.

Alright meet the boyos.

Smokey - american blue variberk with a head spot. Used to be friendly but hasn't been handled in a long time. Very curious and friendly little guy. You can tell he hasn't been picked up in ages but once he's in your hands/arms/lap he settles down to explore and look up into your face with big bright eyes. :)
SmokeyinthehammieOct23.jpg

SmokeydiscoversthehammieOct23.jpg

SmokeyinhisloghouseOct23.jpg

And Blackie (black variberk with a big white chest and throat) who is supposedly soo spooky no one ever handled him. He's a very nervous boy but he never threatens to nip, instead he freezes. I had him in my hands/arms and he didn't struggle at all. Just very unsure of what is next for him. He is very slow to eat new yummy food and would only carefully lick the edges of the dish of baby cereal. LOL this morning I found him cuddled up with his cagemate/brother in the hammie. :) Once I break through to him, he's going to be wonderful :mrgreen:
Blackieexploring2Oct23.jpg

BlackiebravelycheckingoutthedoorOct.jpg

BlackieinhishammieAMOct24.jpg

Where are we??
BlackieandSmokie-wherearewe.jpg

Now I can add more hammies to the cage etc...I wanted to see what they were like because reaching inside closed hammocks for biters is not advisable :wink2: Not these 2!!

My favourite names for boys are Ferdinand, Horatio and Alfonse :D

They are just LOVELY. Really.. I'm smitten... perhaps too much so.

Oh they're gorgeous!! I love Blackie's wide white throat! It looks so soft and tickleable!!

Regarding names, I tend to think of the slightly more unusual, but usually just let the rats name themselves... i.e. I'll have a few names floating in my mind, but if I don't name them for a week or so, I find that if you just keep referring to them with whatever comes into your head first, you'll eventually get stuck on a name... and Poof! Rattie has chosen his own!!

Some of the names floating round in my head though.... When I get my rat room, and enough space to keep boys and girls, I want 2 boys called Memphis and Acapulco. You're quite welcome to those names, I'd be chuffed! But yes, please tell us what the little guys get named!

Other's I quite like.
Pigeon
Bumf
Cosmo
Freebie
Danube
Bluff
Oakley
Ponder

Well more pics from last night for your Naming Pleasure. :)

I decided to do the same thing I did with Shrek the biter boy, and just lay on the couch watching TV "ignoring" them. Soon enough I had Blackie watching me from the top of the couch, and then he fell on my side...hehe.

He approached me and sniffed the smells on my hand, and even dived under the pillow under my head, came out and stuck his nose in my ear...LOL...I squealed and he didnt' jump :thumbup:
Smokey I picked up and put on my chest and slightly restraining him I stroked him...once he relaxed he started climbing ALL over me, under my chin, etc...
I am just going to let them go at their own pace. :)

Oh and Smokey is a velveteen rex :)
Smokey2Oct24.jpg

Smokey3Oct24.jpg

Smokey1Oct24.jpg

Smokey4Oct24.jpg

Smokey6Oct24.jpg

Smokey5Oct24.jpg

Smokey7Oct24.jpg

Blackie is getting braver by the minute, and I have discovered he is considered banded not berkshire. :)
Blackie1Oct24.jpg

Blackie4Oct24.jpg

Blackie3Oct24.jpg

Blackie5Oct24.jpg

Together
boystogether2Oct24.jpg

Boystogether3Oct24.jpg

I :heart: the tongue
BoystogetherOct24.jpg

Shelagh! They are so handsome! :thud:

And a headspot...I saw a mouse in the pet store the other day with a headspot and had to leave the store to stop myself from buying him. :lol:

I miss owning boys! They're such cuddle bugs. Congratulations on your two new studs! ;)

Bronwyn said:
Shelagh! They are so handsome! :thud:

And a headspot...I saw a mouse in the pet store the other day with a headspot and had to leave the store to stop myself from buying him. :lol:

I miss owning boys! They're such cuddle bugs. Congratulations on your two new studs! ;)

Shhhh!!! don't say Stud!! They are intact and I don't want them to get any ideas :wink2:

Back