Otto and Wilbur Home...question for neuter-pros?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told Dr. Munn how they were acting and she said it sounds like waaay too much anesthetic. The metacam injection wouldn't have done that. :(

But since they are feeling better, I just pulled them out to have their 24 hour afterwards metacam with a yogie chaser (metacam is blech :rant2: )

Now we can start the daily pics of the incisions healing.

Day after...Wilbur
Wilburdayafterneuter.jpg

Otto...my nervous little man who was very unsure of handling etc, now settles down on my lap as I stroke him, and happily bruxes and boggles...he makes me melt. :mrgreen:
Ottadayafterneuter.jpg

That whole ordeal would just scare the bujeezus out of me. I have nightmares about vets giving too much anesthetic.... :shock: It happened to me once with my Great Pyre puppy Tubby, they gave him too much and he nearly went into a coma. And it was for simple laser surgery on some scar tissue. One of those 'supposedly' risk free operations. Yikes.

So glad they are doing good. :D

Well we are at 2 days after. Their incisions are closed, the goolies are starting to shrivel. :)

Wilbur is not impressed
Wilbur2daysafterneuter.jpg

Neither is Otto
Otto2daysafterneuter.jpg

Otto is wondering why I keep taking these most undignified pictures of their manbits :roll:

Otto-whydoyoukeeptakingpicsofmygool.jpg

Shelagh,

The boys are looking sooooo much better! I'm so relieved they are okay. Give them kisses from Auntie Arlene. :bliss:

:shock: OMG, Shelagh! What an ordeal you went through!! But I'm so glad everything turned out ok. Phew! Lots of scritches and belly kisses to the boys! :tumkiss:

They're looking so good, it's just wonderful that everything turned out alright for them!
I love those last pictures - the look on Wilbur's face and Otto's little feets all splayed out :lol:

6 days later

Does Wilbur's head not look huge? :shock: He is doing a bit of a foot tuck now :)
WiburonDay6afterneuter.jpg

Otto is all sprawled as usual
Ottoonday6afterneuter.jpg

Getting licks from both boys :mrgreen:
OttoandWilburNov28.jpg

Wilbur is much more dedicated in licking than Otto. He's easily distracted :roll:.
Wilburismorededicatedwithhislicking.jpg

late entry to this thread, but they're looking great now... I'm so glad they've perked up. It's awful having to go through anything rat and vet related really... Poor bubs.

I love Wilbur's feet when he's doing the tuck, they look so sweet I just want to kiss them.

I've never had boys before, what do they actually do in the neuter? Just cut the tubes? I thought they removed the whole things and had no idea they shrank afterwards... And although I've no experience with neuters, why on earth would they shave the top of the tail??? Poor guys.

Give them lots of scritches from me xxx

Back