Otto and Wilbur Home...question for neuter-pros?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Wilbur's mild URI has cleared up and they are going in for their neuter tomorrow.

Poor little beggar's travel/vet cage has pink carefresh in it...how Unmanly :roll:

boyscuriousfacesOct30.jpg

Buh-bye gonads!!

Boys are done, but lying asleep still even though Otto was over an hour ago. :( He must put them under deep...but the assistant seemed to think they were just fine.

I can breathe a bit now, but until I see them it'll still be a little shallow :roll:

Now I just have to wait for my boss to leave before 4 pm and then I can leave early. This would be the day he decides to stick around with my luck! :doh:

jorats said:
Really? Yikes... they didn't wake them up to assess them? I'd be worried then.

I'm leaving at 4 pm (bought a waterbottle for them today), so I guess I'll have to see for myself. :(

I guess waking and assessing is not part of the price. LOL

Hmmm...the boys were still rolling drunks 4 hours after surgery...Wilbur doesn't look that good but Otto should recover fine.

I was told that "the black one was hard to handle and that he tried to give the vet a bad bite so he let him go and he ran away around the clinic. A toenail was ripped off in the recovery"

Hmmm...

I have a video uploading, mostly of Wilbur. I need to know if I am just spoiled with Dr. Munn surgeries and this is normal for the average vet.

He uses Isoflurane so is it possible he gave them too much metacam in their injection?

But here are the pics...my poor boyos :(

Have you ever see the back of the tail shaved?
shavedtailforneuter.jpg

Poor Otto
OttoafterhisneuterNov23.jpg

Poor Wilbur
Wilburafterhisneuter.jpg

and the video

Oh, babies! :heart: :love7: :kisses:
God I hope Wilbur will feel better soon. I don't want to be an alarmist but is it too late to get hold of the vet and ask if it's normal for him to be so disioriented still?

How long have you been home? (this time-zone thing is a pain).. I know the last thing you want to do to him is take him out again but if they can take a look and asure you it's not a sign there is a problem that would be good....

Hopes & fervent prayers..

Fidget said:
Oh, babies! :heart: :love7: :kisses:
God I hope Wilbur will feel better soon. I don't want to be an alarmist but is it too late to get hold of the vet and ask if it's normal for him to be so disioriented still?

How long have you been home? (this time-zone thing is a pain).. I know the last thing you want to do to him is take him out again but if they can take a look and asure you it's not a sign there is a problem that would be good....

Hopes & fervent prayers..

the vet seemed to think they were both just fine. He's a freakin moron!
Sorry Fidget, I am just worried and angry.

Again, not to alarm, but my vet sent my boy home saying he was awake and doing well - but he was bleeding inside and passed away within an hour.... if you can - can you rush him back there to be seen and have them tell you face-to-face that that he's ok?
I'm sorry if I'm adding to your worry, I'd rather be an idiot than sorry I didn't speak up...

Ok I don't know what rats are like after surgery, but holy cow. I feel so sorry for Wilbur :( Poor Shelagh, I feel for you.

Fidget said:
Again, not to alarm, but my vet sent my boy home saying he was awake and doing well - but he was bleeding inside and passed away within an hour.... if you can - can you rush him back there to be seen and have them tell you face-to-face that that he's ok?
I'm sorry if I'm adding to your worry, I'd rather be an idiot than sorry I didn't speak up...

I refuse to let this man near them again.

I am sure its too much anesthetic...he is soo confused and drugged.

If he's still not doing well in the morning, I will take him to my Good Vet. She has finally re-opened her clinic after 4 months hiatus (hence going to this vet) and Brie/Kamali and Bella/Lisbet were going. Whats one more right?

Back