Ohh Poor Morry ..Sigh

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do great work with these babies.... :thumbup: :cuddle: :heart: He's coming around and will soon be enjoying the life he should of been living thanks to you :cuddle: :heart: Thanks for the video, my boys do that and I was worried something was wrong with them - duh, their happy!!!!! :emb:

Morry over almost a week has gained 20 grams then lost it again, gained then lost...which is very concerning. Today he is struggling to breathe. At first he just seemed like he needed omfort, then I saw him hanging his head off things, then he's started a bit of paniced movement. His feet are bluish and his nail beds are dark purple meaning oxygen is not getting to them. he got an injection of dexamethasone...keep your fingers crossed!!

M0onkist said:
Oh, poor little love... could it be a latent URI that's surfacing its ugly head?

His lungs were ugly when he arrived, so definitely not latent URI or the possibility of the virus here. But the dex did its work finally once he calmed down. I pulled Nala out of her group last night to see why she wasn't eating much anymore...besides her recurring URI (she had it before the virus came through)...headbumping, confusion, weak paws, the lot. :( So I gave her an injection of dex/fluids for her lungs and for her PT. She's much better this morning and Morry seems to like her and she's calmed him down so the dex can do its work.

apr13MorryandNala.jpg.html

Poor little things, the stuff they have to go through. All we ever want to do is love them and help them. I hope your babies will recover and be as fine as the can be; so sorry to hear that you have another with PT. It is so heart-breaking.You must be a very strong person to be able to go through this kind of thing so often, but indeed, you do wonders for the rats. I'm sure they are so grateful for your love and care.

Poor little one. I don't understand how people can neglect their animals... If an animal in your care ends up being worse off than an animal in the freaking wild would, then you are doing something very very very wrong. I hope he gets better soon, but I am glad he is clearly enjoying his new life already.

DarkRider2k3 said:
So sad :(. But yeah hopefully they recover! It sucks when you think things are going well and then a curve ball hits ya..

My life right now seems to consist of curve balls...I never relax anymore as I know another one is around the corner, and yeah it sucks.

Morry had a really down day yesterday, but this morning is much much better. I think I will be putting him on every 2 days of dex and fluids to keep him going. He's eating and ating like a real rat now, unlike the poor thing who could barely lift his body from the ground.

Yesterday...all day. Once he stopped his panicky bounces and his breathing settled he just went quiet for the day with my watching him anxiously. I was sure he wouldn't come out of it, and he would be going in on Monday with Wren to be pts.

Today :)

Here he is with Bean, who is a couple of months younger than him, at 15 months of age. Look at the difference :(

It's sad when any rat is struggling, but when it's one of those guys that is finally rescued, well we just want him to be able to enjoy living how he should with a full belly, a warm bed, and buddies to cuddle with. So hang in there Morry!

Back