New wee ones- 8 weeks old today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so gorgeous! :heart: Where did you get Alba from - a rescue or pet shop? I'm from South Africa, so I'm not sure how things work this side? :oops: Here in South Africa black-eyed white rats (BEW's) - which what Alba looks like - are only available from pedigree breeders :(

Alba is a rescue.....I got her last week.....she is actually a beige with dark ruby eyes....they look black but are not. She is a very common color around here...
I don't think we have any black eyed whites in my area....I have never seen one....

Day 4
Babies are getting very dark....There are 2 boys and 2 girls.
DSCF9454.jpg

DSCF9449.jpg

DSCF9446.jpg

DSCF9442.jpg

DSCF9435.jpg

DSCF9430.jpg

lilspaz68 said:
I think you have some dumbos...wait a bit and see if its more obvious later, as we all know pics can be misleading. :p

I was looking at them today thinking the same thing.....but it is hard to tell.

I did up some small diagrams to show how to tell standard from dumbo on the eeper's ear placement.

standard ears...s straight line back bisects the middle of the standard ear

standardbabyear.jpg

Dumbo ears...the same line back, has it ending on the top of the dumbo ear

babydumboear.jpg

Oh my, they're still so tiny... But they look fantastic. :) Can't wait to see how they change as they get older.

Beautiful babes! :heart: So glad it's a small litter.

And very nice that a trusted friend will adopt two. I don't think I could ever adopt out to strangers again either.

They are so dark...Cannot wait for hair...that is when i start thinking they are cute LOL I still dont like this phase :)

Had the wee ones out today....they are so cute. I have 2 girls, 2 boys....I THINK one of the girls is standard ears and one is a dumbo...both boys look like they are dumbo....
I am thinking of some names for them....boys I think will be Sam and Sawyer...I suggested that for Tara's boys and since I have said it it seems to fit them....girls will be Sophie and Sprite (standard ear) unless my friend adopts them and then she will pick out their names....

Girls
DSCF9499.jpg

DSCF9498.jpg

My little standard ear girl has black paws
DSCF9492.jpg

Boys
DSCF9496.jpg

Boy
DSCF9490.jpg

Girl...see her black paws
DSCF9463.jpg

DSCF9480.jpg

Boy
DSCF9475.jpg

Girl
DSCF9477.jpg

Girls in the front
DSCF9472.jpg

DSCF9467.jpg

They are so sweet! I miss seeing baby rats. :heart:
Sam and Sawyer, haha I was going to take your suggestion. :giggle: Maybe Joseph can come up with names instead.

Back