New Foster Greyhound Mighty

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're getting BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am so freaking excited! Big Red or Bubba as he is being called is the one I really really REALLY wanted to foster so this is so awesome! Ang and my bro are going for 2 to pick him up and we have to trade the crate we have for a bigger one because he's so huge!

Can't wait to see him again! His Racing name is Hanks Hydro I'm not sure why he was called Big Red and now Bubba lol We'll be calling him Bubba. Will get Ang to post pics once she's up and around and has him! :dance:

He's such a happy boy and loves people. He's really good. Last night he cried for about 15 min and then he was good for the rest of the night so that's awesome!
He likes to lay close by us in the living room and doesn't spend much time in his crate like Brown Sugar did lol He's like a Velcro dog lol

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

Another dog bed I made
DSCF0060.jpg

Bubba might have a home already! I'm both happy and sad. I really like him and was even considering adopting him but if we adopt him then we can't foster anymore because our landlady said only one greyhound at a time at our place :(

We're really helping a lot by fostering because we're saving more dogs that way but at the same time I really want him to be my dog. *sighs* so hard....but letting him go to a forever home so I can help others is probably best and I'm sure he'd want more of his racing buddies to have a chance at life.

I wish we had our own house then it wouldn't be an issue. :cry4:

He is gorgeous!! We hope to apply to adopt a grey when the day comes that we are dogless. I am learning as much as I can now, and trying to visit as many greys as possible. They fit our lifestyle much better than a hyperactive "I gotta love everyone and kiss them to death" Pitbull lol Thank You for giving him such a good start. Its hard, but think of the next one that will need you :)

I really hope we can find one thats good with cats, dogs, small animals and kids... not to much to ask eh? :cheeky:

PitLuvs said:
He is gorgeous!! We hope to apply to adopt a grey when the day comes that we are dogless. I am learning as much as I can now, and trying to visit as many greys as possible. They fit our lifestyle much better than a hyperactive "I gotta love everyone and kiss them to death" Pitbull lol Thank You for giving him such a good start. Its hard, but think of the next one that will need you :)

I really hope we can find one thats good with cats, dogs, small animals and kids... not to much to ask eh? :cheeky:

Most are great with cats and small animals and kids. Out of the 12 grey's in this load only 2 are not cat friendly. So pretty good odds. Bubba needs to be tested again for cats because in Florida they said he was fine with cats but then on unload day he tried to eat the cat during the cat test lol so we need to do another cat test to confirm if he's a for sure no.

He's going to be so hard to give up. He's such an awesome boy. Super smart he learned down in one day and already knows crate, come and is starting to learn wait.

I just tuckered him on with a good 30 min walk lol I was walking faster then him at the end of it.

They're such great dogs you'll love having a Grey. Very much converted to them being one of the best dogs around.

Bubba is still with us. They people that wanted to adopt him had a cat and he's not cat safe so that sucks. He's such a great boy and so goofy lol

He has some new fav positions when he sleeps now.

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

with his pig that he picked out. He loves this toy.
DSCF0022.jpg

I'm so glad that he got a good home, but it must be hard to think of letting him go. Just think, you have fostered two Greys in less than a month! Do they have another one lined up for you yet?

Godmother said:
I'm so glad that he got a good home, but it must be hard to think of letting him go. Just think, you have fostered two Greys in less than a month! Do they have another one lined up for you yet?

We're not sure when the next load day is but it should be soon. There is only I think 1 grey left out of the 12 that was brought up along with Bubba! So awesome!

It's going to be hard to see him go but I know we're helping a lot by fostering. Can't wait to meet our next foster!

Just got an email from Deb. There is a track closing! yay! :joy: So they're trying to rescue as many of them as they can. So the same day we take Bubba to his home we'll be getting our new Grey lol whoo hooo!

Back