New and improved Oxbow Regal Rat food is out! - REVIEWED!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratty Momma said:
FTC told me Oxbow told them th main change is from Apples to Cheese ..1 3LB bag is costing me $32 incl shipping :wallbang:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go with MC and their flat rate shipping?

From the Oxbow website:

Premium Ingredients

Brown Rice = Low-Calorie Energy Source
Oats and Wheat = Fiber and Energy Source
Soy and Fish Meal = Balanced Protein with Healthy Fats

Ingredients
Whole Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Wheat Bran, Wheat, Soybean Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Soybean Hulls, Calcium Carbonate, Yeast Culture Dehydrated, Flax Seed Meal (Linseed), Inulin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Soy Oil, Methionine DL, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Wheat Germ Meal, Salt, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Natural Flavor, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Oxide, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Cobalt Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K Activity), Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement
Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (min) 15.00%
Crude Fat (min) 4.00%
Crude Fiber (max) 7.00%
Moisture (max) 10.00%
Calcium (min) 0.80%
Calcium (max) 1.20%
Phosphorous (min) 0.80%

^The oxbow website gives the new stats...they kept the protein and fat level...someone else said they changed apples to bananas, which makes much more sense.

Anyone got a clue about an online store that ships to Norway?
I asked the importer here in Norway, and they MIGHT ask about it in October at the earliest....

HT 2014 is vegetarian, oxbow isn't :sad3:
Guess I will not be trying the new oxbow ... good thing mine love Harlan and good thing it is such an excellent block!

SQ said:
HT 2014 is vegetarian, oxbow isn't :sad3:
Guess I will not be trying the new oxbow ... good thing mine love Harlan and good thing it is such an excellent block!

Was the old Oxbow vegetarian? :emb:

My rats still love it. They've been having it and Harlan for a week. They eat them both equally. I think they like the size and shape of the Oxbow though, they can hold it in their hands so much easier.

LOL, the Oxbow just magically disappears - on cage cleaning day, the only evidence left is a fine dusting of Oxbow crumbs on the hammocks.

That´s great :joy:
I´ll order in the beginning of the week, if they could just actually give me a proper answer :rant:
"we need a complete list of what you want and the address to ship it to to give you a quote"
D´oh that´s what I just sendt!! :wallbang:

Okay, actually, after a full week now, they are favoring the Harlan. Harlan is still pretty new to them though, and they are still eating it. Yesterday though, I gave them a bunch of both and the Harlan's all gone and yet there's most of Oxbow left.

Mine hated harlan from the get go! They loved extrusion ever since I got them ..but now they love the oxbow ..even after two months!

Back