NEED SERIOUS HELP (BABY RATS INJURED)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cece holiday

im in serious need of suggestions on what to do here. I have a momma rat who had 9 babies 3 weeks ago today, they were all healthy and everything was well. They outgrew their nursery so I moved them into the top level of my DCN cage with their momma rat last night. On the bottom of the cage is a lone boy, he’s been alone for 2 weeks as his 2 cage mates passed within a week of each other, I had plans to put the boy babies in with him when they were old enough. Well I heard screaming coming from my rat room and I ran in and the boy on the bottom had ahold of one of the babies thru the bars who was sleeping on the edge of the pan. I freaked out and got him away from the baby, but the baby’s tail is seriously injured (half missing) along with his foot. And I noticed another one must have gotten attacked the same way because his tail is almost completely missing. I don’t know what to do here, they’re only 3 weeks old, they don’t seem in intense pain, some squeaks when their siblings crawl on them but they are eating and drinking fine, will they heal if I put polysporin on their injuries? Help!!!!!!!!!

I'd go to a vet.. Poor babies ... I hope they end up alright ..

Back