My senior citizens - Update Jan 18/14 P5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, just beautiful and happy senior ladies (and gentleman!) you have there! A VERY Happy Birthday to all of you! I send birthday kisses and hugs!! :hugs:

..................................... :balloons3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! :balloons3:

Ellie Mae, Sabrina, Calvin, Momma Petunia, Daffy and Poppy

............ :b-dayrat: .............. :b-dayrat: ............ :b-dayrat: ......................... :b-dayrat: .......................... :b-dayrat: .................... :b-dayrat:

such a beautiful group of wonderful well loved, well cared for ratties :heart:
So glad they have such wonderful person as you in their lives Joanne :hugs:

:happyb-day: :happyb-day: :happyb-day: :happyb-day: :happyb-day:

wow you've got so many wonderful lovely oldies!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, but unfortunately I have bad news. :(
Sunday I had Calvin PTS because he was in respiratory distress.
Today I came home to find Petunia gone, and Ellie Mae keeping watch over her body. I recently discovered Petunia had a couple of small tumours, but her belly had started to get bigger over the last two days, so I knew something was up.
The cage is so empty with only four ratties!!!

Petunia soon after she came to my home:
P1010526_1.jpg

Petunia one of the few moments she wasn't zooming around:
P1010793-Petunia_1.jpg

Calvin when he came to my home:
P10007481.jpg

Calvin later on, with his brother Dudley:
IMG_0549_zpsac9272cb.jpg

Goodbye my loves, I will miss you :heart:

I'm so sorry for the loss of two of your babies, especially so close together... that must be hard. It seems like there is a lot of that going on right now on the rat shack. :(

Rest in peace, little ones!

To have so many reach age 3 is a testament to the loving care they received from you.
I am SO sorry for the loss of your sweeties. :cuddle:
It's so hard when the leave us but the memories we have are priceless. :heart:

:heart: :sad3: RIP sweet ratties :sad3: :heart: So sorry for your loss, never easy to lose them, but even harder when its more than one :cuddle:

Thanks...
It sometimes gets to be a lot of work, but I hope they feel loved when I pick them up and rinse off their bum, or give them big smooches, or feed them warm mash because they can't chew very well anymore.
It has been years since I have only had four rats, and I worry that the girls may feel upset with such a small colony as they have always had more.
I still have 2 three year olds, and Ellie Mae's hind end degeneration has progressed, so I won't get more rats while she is like that. When she goes, and if Sabrina is still OK, then I will add a couple of ratties so the two young (2 year olds) will have more company. It all depends on how sick and infirm the remaining rats are....

Godmother said:
I'm so sorry for your loss of those two special seniors. :cuddle: It feels like the end of an era, with sweet Petunia gone.

They had a wonderful life with you.
Yeah, Petunia had such an 'in your face' personality, always the first to climb out of the cage, and I'd muss her up and kiss her and smush her and then put her down and she would come right back for more. LOL And sweet from the very beginning, never trying to bite me even when I, the stranger, picked up her and her 7 week-old babies.
I loved Calvin too, but I shall miss Petunia so much.....

Back