My New "Strong" Girls - Adira's Next Issue :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, that poor little lady can't catch a break. Is it consistent? Sabrina has a blocked salivary gland that swells up and down all the time and has been present for months.
What is your nose telling you?

I smell nothing obvious. It's still there this morning. She's acting well except she does rest/sleep a LOT more than her sisters who now have a wheel LOL

Oh little Adira. Me and my boys are sending healing vibes. As well as good abscess vibes, no bad other lumpy things!!!

Ohh I forgot about a blocked salivary gland which is very benign! :)

Her leg is healing beautifully. March 20th pics

Mar2014Adirasleg.jpg~original

and the swelling is bigger but more localized it seems?

Mar2014Adirasswollenjaw.jpg~original

Mar2014Adirasswollenjaw2.jpg~original

And here's the best part, Adira is GAINING! She's 279 grams this morning...Woohoo!!! :bliss:

Looks to me like you're dealing with a simple abcess here ((fingers crossed)). Adira sure doesn't need more issues!

I love the look of her leg... she's finally leaving it alone!

Come on Adira, you can make it!

You know her leg looks better when it qualifies for a pic instead of a link. LOL

Dr. Munn can do a FNA to determine if there is any pus or cancerous cells present. That's what we did with Sabrina. Everything looked normal, so we left it.

Hoping that's just an abcess and that a course of abs will clear any remaining hard pus left. Sending healing vibes to sweet Adira!

The remaining part may feel hard if it's associated with a tooth abscess because it's draining from the bone. I think the prognosis would be better trying to extract a molar than an incisor. The roots are shorter, and her bite won't get screwed up afterwards. The challenge is just to be able to get in there. Time for Dr. Munn to work his magic!

Back