My New "Strong" Girls - Adira's Next Issue :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:joy: GREAT NEWS! Way to go Adira!!! And Dr Munn!!! And Shelagh!!! And Victoria!!!

and Jenny!!! :cheeky:

:exactly:

The incision pic tonight really isn't very good, they did let me know that she now has a nipple low on her knee LOL She's in full blown pica, and walks with the most adorable hitch to her step like she has a phantom tumour LOL

Feb25Adiraincisionnightofsurgery.jpg~original

Feb2514Adirapostop.jpg~original

Feb2514Adiraandpicapostsurgery.jpg~original

and her vid

She is hitching along so she doesn't step on her tumour. I wonder how many days it will be before she stops compensating?
So Dr. Munn was a bit concerned before the surgery - what did he think afterwards? Was he happy with the results? Was it just one really big mammary tumour?

I just love that walk when they havent figure out the tumor is gone yet. I hate that pica i am so glad we do not have that anymore.

She is hitching along so she doesn't step on her tumour. I wonder how many days it will be before she stops compensating?
So Dr. Munn was a bit concerned before the surgery - what did he think afterwards? Was he happy with the results? Was it just one really big mammary tumour?

I believe it was just one big tumour. It was the usual concerns, how long she would have to be under anesthesia, no real clue about her health or age, she was very thin. Sometimes they remove these massive lumps and the rats have trouble coming out of the surgery, so its always a bit iffy, but from the smiles on everyone's faces, I would say they are as happy as I am :D

I checked on her this morning, made sure to wake up early enough just in case she'd opened herself up, but she was just fine. :D

The incision looks clean except for a bit of seroma at the top but nothing worriesome. :D

Feb2614Adiraincisionnextmorning.jpg~original

This morning in the cage I saw her scamper up the ramp...it was such a lovely sight! She's really a smart cookie and is figuring out how to walk properly much faster than any other rat I have known :D A very short video of her this morning. :D

I shall continue Adira and Balera's healing adventures in the main thread now :D

Balera is on Day 3 and her big incision looks fantastic, her little one looks like she's been fussing with it a bit, but its probably drying, healing, pulling a little and is itchy.

Mar314Balera2.jpg~original

Mar314Balera.jpg~original

Adira has been worrying me. I noticed her limping around on Day 3, and then on Day 5 her leg was very swollen, and I was starting to really worry. I did notice she was bright, and using that leg a lot more than before. Here's her incision and the swelling if you look hard (its her thigh)

Mar214Adirasswollenhindleg.jpg~original

Mar214Adirasswollenhindleg3.jpg~original

and this morning

Mar314Adiraincision.jpg~original

Mar314Adira2.jpg~original

Mar314Adira.jpg~original

Back