MRRG's Belle's baby thread- 5 weeks old going to homes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
Is Francis a docile boy? Be careful with intro-ing babies to adult rats.

Oh yeah he is as docile as they come. It went great but Simone seemed nervous of him I think because of his size. So they're still alone. I'll just take him out extra where he'll be alone for a week before his neuter.

My poor little dude...
I feel bad for him but I think 1 week will not be too bad...my Smeeze babies Cookie and Peanut are brother and sister were alone for about 1 week until I caved and got them each a friend...then we took on Blossom and Sketchi (jasper) who were also brother and sister.
Wish he could have his neuter sooner...so he could go back with his sisters...poor little man!

So we will have to watch once Simon gets back with the girls to see who is his favorite sister is or whoever doesn't get adopted...do you have any recent pics of the girls that are left?

After a neuter boys need to wait a few weeks before going in with unspayed girls.
If the little guy is sexually mature, I would assume that this applies to him the same as it does to older rats.

SQ said:
After a neuter boys need to wait a few weeks before going in with unspayed girls.
If the little guy is sexually mature, I would assume that this applies to him the same as it does to older rats.

I talked to my vet about this and she feels that at that age waiting about a week would do.

I need to get some new pictures, Ang has been taking the camera with her so I haven't been able to take any pictures. I'll see if she can take some today

We (the shelter) once had an adult male dog get with a female in heat after he had been neutered for a week.......We called the vet and she said the chances where very, very slim......Animals where "safe" after a few days.....they just say a couple of weeks to really cover their ass....

Dahlas said:
We (the shelter) once had an adult male dog get with a female in heat after he had been neutered for a week.......We called the vet and she said the chances where very, very slim......Animals where "safe" after a few days.....they just say a couple of weeks to really cover their ass....

cover their ass.... LOL!!!!! :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Jen's early morning mood on the rampage again... where some people find no humor in anything before noon.... I tend to find humor in everything between the hours of 6am - noon.... thanks for the giggles Dahlas. It was necessary after grieving for Connor and the poor little rat baby who was attacked.

jennifervb said:
Dahlas said:

cover their ass.... LOL!!!!! :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Jen's early morning mood on the rampage again... where some people find no humor in anything before noon.... I tend to find humor in everything between the hours of 6am - noon.... thanks for the giggles Dahlas. It was necessary after grieving for Connor and the poor little rat baby who was attacked.

Glad I could make you smile....sorry to hear about Connor and the little rat baby :hugs:

OK Ang taking the camera all the time is really making me crazy...
I need a fix...
I need to see my baby!
Tell her to stop torturing me like this its cruel! :gaah:

well i took a couple of pictures when i went to get my boys i guess i can share right?

Ratsjan26th006.jpg

Ratsjan26th003.jpg

Ratsjan26th001.jpg

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I needed that!
Thats my little man Simon in the 1st pic sneaking around the litter box...which I see is a stash for blocks...he will fit right in with my kids who think the litter box is a lunch box! :gaah:

OMG these kids are sweet! I could eat them right up! ok maybe just belly kisses! :giggle:

Ya they were pretty stressed out when you guys got your boys. They knew.

I'm uploading some pics now of them. Simon and everyone else enjoyed some roast beef today and spinach for supper lol they went nuts over it

Here are a few pictures. Don't mind the messy cage. I took Belle, Tink and Ebby to Abby who took them to their new home in freddy tonight.

So the babies are on their own now. Two will be going to their new home on thursday, and two will be going to foster home and Francis will be going to his new home, as long as the weather is good. So then we'll just have Tanya's two to babysit and then no more fosters just our kids for a while.

So here they are

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0090-1.jpg

I think that is Tink on the ball
DSCF0089.jpg

hooded girl and Ebby
DSCF0085-1.jpg

DSCF0063-1.jpg

DSCF0060-1.jpg

Two of the girls went to their new home today and the other two girls went to their foster home. So we just have your kids here now Tanya.
They're lonely but doing good. They'll be together soon enough

Back