Movies you wish you'd never seen

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH MY GOD, I'd completely repressed that memory! We own the older version of The Last House on the Left and we popped it in not too long ago and I couldn't... I couldn't watch that. The first 15 minutes, it was far, far too brutal. We turned it off and everyone was bawling (everyone being me, my wife, and our roomie John. A GUY. Okay so he wasn't blubbering but he was the one to say "Can we please just not watch this?" as he jumped up and just shut the TV off). There's just no way. I don't understand how someone could watch something like that, and come away and go "That was a great movie". It was way, way too disturbing. I could never, ever attempt that again. Ever. We had no clue that's what it was about, it just looked like a good scary movie, which we all love. Now we always read the backs of the cases like normal people. But we figured if we owned it, someone had watched it before right, and it couldn't have been that bad. WRONG. SO WRONG.

And the new version is the same story, but as you can imagine in this day in age, it is probably far more graphic and violent. When I heard they were coming out with a remake I was just floored. It was a horrendous experience and I didn't even watch all of it. I can't imagine even trying to watch the new one!

Cait said:
OH MY GOD, I'd completely repressed that memory! We own the older version of The Last House on the Left and we popped it in not too long ago and I couldn't... I couldn't watch that. The first 15 minutes, it was far, far too brutal. We turned it off and everyone was bawling (everyone being me, my wife, and our roomie John. A GUY. Okay so he wasn't blubbering but he was the one to say "Can we please just not watch this?" as he jumped up and just shut the TV off). There's just no way. I don't understand how someone could watch something like that, and come away and go "That was a great movie". It was way, way too disturbing. I could never, ever attempt that again. Ever. We had no clue that's what it was about, it just looked like a good scary movie, which we all love. Now we always read the backs of the cases like normal people. But we figured if we owned it, someone had watched it before right, and it couldn't have been that bad. WRONG. SO WRONG.

And the new version is the same story, but as you can imagine in this day in age, it is probably far more graphic and violent. When I heard they were coming out with a remake I was just floored. It was a horrendous experience and I didn't even watch all of it. I can't imagine even trying to watch the new one!

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! in this day and age... imgaine how it would have been with the newer version. as i was searching for the trailer for the new 2009 movie to post on here i came across the older one... and it didn't look like it would be that bad... but i could see simaliarties between the actors/actresses... and also with the story line. plus i believe you and everyone else who says it was bad. but this new one was horrible. i don't even know why i continnued watching. i think i wanted to see a happy ending or something after that. so after several more horrific experiences throughout the movie i KIND OF got was i was looking for... the rape scene was just to real and lasted way to long...

Oh my lord I just caught that you watched the new one... That version HAS to be way worse. I can't imagine giving how awful the first one was!! I'd probably have thrown up! Yeah we got to that scene and that was the deal breaker for us. It wasn't overly graphic compared to today's standards but it left a bit to the imagination and sometimes I think that is worse. At the same time it was still quite graphic. All I know is that it made us all REALLY uncomfortable and it was just awful, awful. *shudders* No way would I even venture to see the new one.

Edit: I just watched the trailer for the new one (IDK why) but is that the mermaid from the movie Aquamarine?! Aww no!

Oh yeah! The Hills Have Eyes... I made Mike call in to work for that one and stay home with me! I was afraid some crazy person was going to come rape me!

Zooy said:
Oh yeah! The Hills Have Eyes... I made Mike call in to work for that one and stay home with me! I was afraid some crazy person was going to come rape me!

I think I had my eyes closed through that whole movie. It was pretty bad, totally repressed my memory of ever seeing it lol

Shelley said:
Zooy said:

I think I had my eyes closed through that whole movie. It was pretty bad, totally repressed my memory of ever seeing it lol

My best friend Megan and I watched that in the dark of her basement, we had to go up and hang out with her mom for a few hours cause we were so.. not really scared but disturbed. (We were like, 13)

haha i didnt mind it (there isnt much that seriously bothers me), but it made my stomach turn

One that made me physically vomit after watching 10minutes of it was "Black Sheep". Don't even go there people

Cait said:
Oh my lord I just caught that you watched the new one... That version HAS to be way worse. I can't imagine giving how awful the first one was!! I'd probably have thrown up! Yeah we got to that scene and that was the deal breaker for us. It wasn't overly graphic compared to today's standards but it left a bit to the imagination and sometimes I think that is worse. At the same time it was still quite graphic. All I know is that it made us all REALLY uncomfortable and it was just awful, awful. *shudders* No way would I even venture to see the new one.

Edit: I just watched the trailer for the new one (IDK why) but is that the mermaid from the movie Aquamarine?! Aww no!

I personally loved the new Last House on the Left!! It was one of the best horrors I've seen in a long time (so sick and tired of gore).

And yes Cait, Sara Paxton is in the movie, too. I loved her in Darcy's Wildlife!!

ryelle said:
Jack Sparrow said:
Witch Montain or whatever the title was. So boring.

Aww, i LOVED the original of that movie when i was a kid. I dont really fancy seeing the newest version though :?

I agree. The original is campy Disney at it's best. The flying RV?! Come on!!! I don't really want to see anything with "the Rock."

We went and watched "Paranormal Activity" last night.

It was one of those low budget movies no one wanted to distribute widely, then somehow people got the idea into their heads that it was SO SCARY and SO GOOD and people just HAD to see it. It was supposed to be frightening and the scariest movie in a long time.

Here's a Times article about it: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0 ... 48,00.html

So we go to the movie theatre for the 8:15 showing. Sold out. So we buy tickets for the 9:25 show. No big deal, we hang around the mall, and go early to wait, about 8:45. Our showing is now sold out. We are let in eventually, sit down, and get ready to be all scared.

I am a person who watches scary movies from behind my hands, and shriek and scream at any little thing. I hate blood, I hate gore. I watched this entire movie. WITHOUT my hands in front of my face. I kept waiting, and waiting for the part where I would go "OMG I AM SO SCARED". Never happened. I ooo'd and "Oh!"d a few times because it was a bit creepy or weird, but it was never anything I was like "We need to leave!!!" My sister and Alexis both got motion sick from the camera work.

It was funny though and I liked the main characters. They were hilarious together. But it wasn't scary. And the ending was dumb. I was so mad.

I'm now on the train of thought that the reason everyone is going to go see it is because of the STUPID amount of hype. Hey, I know that's why I went to see it. Worst 20 bucks I've ever spent.

Back