mice from rescue was m/f pair...what do i do?!?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thaaat's the add...we went back and forth through several emails and she said she checked and they were both female. My husband who can't STAND rodents...notice the ermmm "toodles" before I did, b/c i wasn't looking for them I guess. He was just like ummm patti that one has a big butt...are those balls? :gaah:

mercurydust said:
sausage4ever said:
Aww that sucks... however you can always keep the little man as he shouldn't have any male friends anyway (on account of territorialism in males).
Not so true-I have two male mice that are almost a year old that have been living together just fine.
Your case is very rare. Glad to hear your 2 males enjoy each other because most male with fight to the death, yours are just not the norm.

what if you get someone else to email them saying that they have a mouse they no longer can care for and so on. and make a time to meet them or what ever and then once you get the ok bring the mouse to me then bring it to her, she should not be able to avoid you then?

Im not sure if you can report them for not taking an animal back (not sure do they have that in their contract?)

pshuga03 said:
**hangs head in shame** we met in a parking lot....I drove 45 min. south and they drove 20 min. west to meet in a public place....two days after I picked them up and messaged them and still nothing. **sighs** and these ppl are on the donation list on goosemoose for getting free hammocks for the holidays :redhot:

email someone from goosemoose and tell them what the heck is going on with these people. someone from goosemoose must be in contact with them for them to be recieveing free gifts :rant:

If these people are on Goosemoose, I would post there and ask for everyone's opinion on what you should do next. Write out the whole story, maybe it will shame them into coming forward and doing the right thing? What rescue doesn't take back?

Also, please be careful going to their website. I went there the other day to look at what animals they have for offer, and couldn't get out! Seriously, I could not back out of their site, it would not let me. And windows kept opening one after the other, I think I had about 40 windows open before I was able to shut off my computer. That was the only way I could get out of their site.

I sent them an email to let them know, and the woman thanked me for bringing it to their attention, but now Neal doesn't want me to visit their site as he is worried I might pick up a virus from them.

:doh:
This does not sound like a good rescue IMO. Jo's right, WHAT reascue doesn't take back an animal?
:stickpoke:

I'd DEFINATLY go on and post on GM, and let them know what's going on, call them out on this, they shouldn't be getting free anything IMO, that's just not right...

henry's_mum said:
WHAT reascue doesn't take back an animal?
I WANT back never mind TAKE back and I'm not even a rescue. That's the way it should be if you care about your pets!

I don't know what area to post something to on GM...I've looked around and there's not really a section to review a rescue and the rescue section rules make it sound like I can't post it there. Any suggestions? Also, was needing someone to help me be sneaky and get their address...I know it sounds bad/crazy but it is what it is. They are on the list to receive free hammocks for the holidays. I just need someone *other than me b/c they know my name on there...it's where we met* to say they made them hammocks and need to know where to send the package to. :stickpoke:

Still no reply at all. Talked with a mod over on GM about it and they removed Kavid's Rodent Rescue from the rescue list that will be receiving hammies for the holidays from donors. She also said that I was allowed to post a full review of their "rescue" and not get a strike for holding a discussion on the adoption board. Guess that's an improvement...now to find lil man a home still :sad3:

oy im sorry that your first experience with the mousies is going badly for u ..we have 3 here now (had 4 but our Old Man died this past week) ..i can tell u in all seriousness that the male smell does get better (marginally) after the initial urine marking that moving them to a new home causes ..however, i will be honest and let u kno that one male mouse smells 5 times stronger than any male rat ..sigh ..and the girls can be pungent as well.. Another difference with mice as opposed to rats- some of the females may still kill each other ..it depends on genetics. Keep an eye on your girl pair (especially the one u got from the pet store) and see if they are aggresive toward each other -if they are seperate them right away.. i love my mousies but rats are definately less work ..and less smell :lol2:

worst thing is once they see that, they will most likely email you saying some kind of excuse :giggle: on how they did not get back to you and so on. It's very sad indeed. i do wish you good luck.

You got it lilangel...got the phone call today but they are saying that are at max and won't take him back. They're also flaming me on GM for it now :roll: One person sent me an email asking me if I would reccomend them so I gave them the low down, basically saying no...she called my phone and said several ppl that she had been in contact with for adoptions had cancelled now b/c of me, which I don't get. I only spoke through private email with one person.

That is prob a lie how could they be at max when they just got two out(yours) any good rescue would take back their rescues if need be no excuse or reason not to unless they closed down i could understand something like that even then refer the person somewhere.

I can not find anything on them in GM

I saw it on GM. They are trying to lay all of it on your doorstep, like it was all YOUR fault. What kind of rescue doesn't check to see if the animals are males or females? Neutered or not? How could they NOT KNOW??

lilangel, look in Adoption Center for the southeast area. I'm not sure if I should give their GM name here.

yes you can not always believe what people tell you, when i get a rescue in i always check them out fully, make sure there is no bugs, hurts and most of all make sure they are the right sex before any rat goes out my door.

Also when rescuing you should always tale back what you adopted out, If it does not work out with the new family you take them back no questions asked. I would for sure want them back to me and not in hands where i do not know where they are.

I will probably get several strikes for what I put up there b/c it was so long but I wanted the truth out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back