mice from rescue was m/f pair...what do i do?!?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pshuga03

I meet Kelli and David from Kavid's Rodent Rescue tonight at 5 to pick up my first 2 lil mice girlies! I'm sooo excited! I've sewn them up some hammocks and toys for the rescue and am tossing in a baggie of oxbow regal rat to waive the $10 adoption fee. I'm soooo super excited!! :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: I swear I can't wait for 5 to get here....ggaaaahhhh **stares at the clock**

So....we just got home...was getting the new mice out to hold them and whatnot....one is male and one is female :cry3: And I got these from the rescue...how could they not know and then tell me they were 2 girls?!?! And I gave them a bunch of hammocks/toys/cube when I picked up the 2 mice. I'm just at a loss right now...and I guess so starts pregnancy watch at our house. Anyone want a male PEW mouse? :redhot: :cry3:

Aww that sucks... however you can always keep the little man as he shouldn't have any male friends anyway (on account of territorialism in males).

*nods* true enough sausage...he just stinks like noooo tomorrow....i mean make ya pass out stinks :doh:

Ohh I used to have a male and I don't find he smelled any worse than the two females I have now...I guess it's all about what you can stand right??!

Sausage, male mice are major stinky, they smell like crackers :giggle: . Can you not take the male back and get a female? that would be the best. I think my time is coming to adopt more mousies. :doh:

I messaged them and informed them that one was a male and one was a female, and that I'd separated them but have her on prego watch. All they said back was that they hadn't noticed him being male :roll: and they felt horrible about it. So, I messaged back that I'd keep the female and that they would need to take the male back and he could have the cage that they had given them to me in, as I updated the 2 girls to a larger aquarium with a mesh lid. They didn't respond or call me back, and just posted on their website 4 hours ago that the mice were adopted and my comment on their facebook "fan" page where I let them know it was a male/female pair was deleted.... :wallbang:

This is not sounding very good. Do you remember the address where you picked them up? I would show up on the door step. I also think they knew what they were doing. :(

**hangs head in shame** we met in a parking lot....I drove 45 min. south and they drove 20 min. west to meet in a public place....two days after I picked them up and messaged them and still nothing. **sighs** and these ppl are on the donation list on goosemoose for getting free hammocks for the holidays :redhot:

over 6 hours later and I've still not heard anything back...when I first emailed about adopting the "female pair" :doh: she replied within an hour...I'm pacing here. My ENTIRE house smells like mouse pee...I can't do this. The ONLY reason I took them is b/c she said they were a female pair and I wanted to try out having mice. I did some research and found out the females don't stink much at all compared to the boys...so I thought I'd give it a shot. The girls don't bother me at all, but it feels like someone is standing in front of me and repeatedly slamming a brick into my chest...I can't do this...:cry3:

**ETA - I just went to their "rescue" website and submitted a surender form for him...we'll see if that gets their attention faster**

I've used the nebulizer and my inhaler on myself repeatedly today and am running the hepa filter in the room he's in...if they don't respond soon, or at all, I don't know what I'm gonna do. :cry3: I have NEVER given up/surrendered an animal, but if they don't take him, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. and I HATE that feeling, but I have to be selfish and think of my own health this time and I literally CAN'T breathe

Why don't you contact them saying you would like to exchange your male for 2 more females and see if they respond.

I traded them a bunch of hammocks for the 2 mice and a small cage...I've offered to bring back the male AND the cage. They can keep all the hammocks and whatnot. I went and bought a female from the petstore just to have her a buddy, and so she wouldn't be so scared. Kavid's Rodent Rescue mostly deals in rats...not mice. They mice were a rarity so they don't have anymore, so asking to trade him for a female isn't an option.

o wow you're having quite a reaction to him...I really hope they get beck to you if not I'd make a call to the local ASPCA and let them know about this "rescue".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back