mice from rescue was m/f pair...what do i do?!?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KavidsRodentRescue said:
lilangel said:
What ever the reason i really think you should start actually checking the animals that come into your care from now on. Give them a your own "physical exam" and make sure they are what YOU say they are do not ever go by what people tell you they are. And start Q'ing your rescues for two weeks before adopting them out not a few days.

well it doesn't matter anyway because once all of our rats for adoption are gone so is the rescue because our reputation is shot so...thats that

I'm sure it's not all that bad. Once this little mistake is all cleared up I'm sure the rescue will be just fine. People make mistakes, what's important is that they learn from them. Adopters don't expect you to be perfect, just that you try to do what's best for the animals in your care, which in this case is taking back the male and helping adopt out any babies that result from this situation. I'm sure you can work things out so everyone is happy, then both parties can post to show that things were properly resolved as to not hurt your rescue efforts.

Both parties are at fault (KRR should have checked the sex and pshuga should have just called when her emails went unreturned) but I dont think all this back and forth is necissary this issue is between KRR and pshuga.

Okay. This has gone on LONG enough!

It looks like a miscommunication between Pshuga and Kavid's Rescue.

Do you not all realize that technology is not 100%? I "send" texts all the time that people never see. Technology is never 100% perfect.

You both need to CALL each other on the PHONE and talk to one another and get this straightened out! And keep it in the real world and not on the internet. I have no doubts that because of this miscommunication the rescue's rep WAS hurt. Whether it is deserved or not is not clear because the facts are all over the place. CALL EACH OTHER.

As for members here, we do not know all the story. We cannot ASSume anything either!

smilez_n_hugs said:
Both parties are at fault (KRR should have checked the sex and pshuga should have just called when her emails went unreturned) but I dont think all this back and forth is necissary this issue is between KRR and pshuga.

I agree with this completely. I read all of this and see both parties at fault right now, and everyone would just calm down and take a look at it for what it is, then this might get worked out a little easier. Consistantly attacking one party or the other isn't going to make things better.

Either way, KRR should have checked the sexes, and pshuga should have made the call.

Nobody knows all the facts, and they need to CALL and work it out.

Thanks for those of you who are being reasonable; most of you, however, are being completely ridiculous; you're taking one person's side of the story and believing it no questions asked simply because they were here first. We didn't check their gender; we acknowledged this, we told her we would help her out, we apologized over and over, we did everything we could at the time. Our internet has been down until today so we didn't get her one email, but if she had simply called us instead of bad mouthing our rescue on every rat forum she's a member of, this issue could have been very easily resolved days ago. We have had a very good reputation up until now, and are devastated that our rats will now have a much harder time finding new homes. We really see no point in taking part of this stupid forum "fight" any longer, as anything we say in our defense makes no difference. We wish Patti (the adopter of the mice) would contact us, but she refuses to do so. If anybody wants to continue this ridiculously one-sided conversation, you are more than welcome to email us at [email protected] or [email protected]. We'd rather spend this time trying to find homes for our fosters.

-Kavid's Rodent Rescue
(Kelli)

smilez_n_hugs said:

I agree with this completely. I read all of this and see both partiest at fault right now, and everyone would just calm down and take a look at it for what it is, then this might get worked out a little easier. Consistantly attacking one party or the other isn't going to make things better.

Either way, KRR should have checked the sexes, and pshuga should have made the call.

Nobody knows all the facts, and they need to CALL and work it out.

:nod: Good say Avatar :) goodluck to both of you guys. And hope everything does work out for the best for both.

As I said, we are done here.

Take this to real life phone calls and work something out. You are grown ups. Let's be constructive and try to fix this.

Kelli, I hope that you stick around... I assure you this is not what this forum is about. Mistakes were made (on both parts) and we can be big girls and boys and move past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back