Meet Dudley Do Bite or Dudders - Neuter Day :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
twitch said:
i bet when a noob comes on screeching about how they got bit by their rat and how they are afraid of them now, even though it didn't even break the skin... well i can picture the eye roll and all the memories of all the blood shed and bruised bones going through you... :giggle: oh you are one special and very "old hat" woman! :cuddle:
:laugh4: I think Shelagh's nonchalance is starting to rub off on me. I'm like that with the kids when they're all, "Mom [insert rat's name here, although invariably it's either Keemun or Rooibas :roll: ] bit me!" And I'm like, whaddya mean he bit you? Are you bleeding? And they're like, "ummm, no" to which I reply pffffft, "that's not a bite - that's a love nibble! If he had bit you, you would've known it!" :laugh4:

PiedPiper said:
twitch said:
i bet when a noob comes on screeching about how they got bit by their rat and how they are afraid of them now, even though it didn't even break the skin... well i can picture the eye roll and all the memories of all the blood shed and bruised bones going through you... :giggle: oh you are one special and very "old hat" woman! :cuddle:
:laugh4: I think Shelagh's nonchalance is starting to rub off on me. I'm like that with the kids when they're all, "Mom [insert rat's name here, although invariably it's either Keemun or Rooibas :roll: ] bit me!" And I'm like, whaddya mean he bit you? Are you bleeding? And they're like, "ummm, no" to which I reply pffffft, "that's not a bite - that's a love nibble! If he had bit you, you would've known it!" :laugh4:

THIS is EXACTLY what happens in my house...
:laugh4:
Cole will say, "so and so bit me..."
my reply is, "are you bleeding"?
Cole "no mama, he bit me..."
Me, "lemme see"
Cole brings his hand over, and I look, not even a scratch....
My explanation is always the same, "do you think we should go to the hospital then, like mam had to do whenn Brillo bit me?'
Cole"nooooooo"
me "k' then stop crying and don't stick your fingers in the cage"
:doh:
Kids.....

:laugh4: Yes, exactly! But your Cole is just a little guy (and cute as a button, I might add)! Lynds - mine are 17, 14 and 12! So you can just imagine how much sympathy they get from me! I say things like, "He didn't bite you! Stop being such a pansy!" Or, "What?!? What did you do to him?" "If you did anything to upset any of my babies, so God help me, all hell's gonna break loose!"

My poor skin kids, they know they're just "also rans" next to my fur kids :giggle: I can only imagine the stories they're going to tell my grandchildren about their crazy Nonna Gina and her animals!

Gina, when you asked me questions about rats in emails in the beginning, did you have ANY clue it would end up like this? I did. I knew. :wink2:

Yay! Neuter Day! Now to figure out HOW to get him into the carrier without loss of limbs or extremities. Hmmmm.

Have a great day Dudders......I hope this little adventure takes the wind out of your sails (or at least your teeth out of Shelagh's hands)

Good luck Shelagh getting him in the carrier.....I would tell you to give him a kiss from me....but maybe just blow one at him for now.....

lilspaz68 said:
Gina, when you asked me questions about rats in emails in the beginning, did you have ANY clue it would end up like this? I did. I knew. :wink2:
And you said you were my friend! :cry3: Why didn't you stop me when there was still time! Devil woman!

lilspaz68 said:
Yay! Neuter Day! Now to figure out HOW to get him into the carrier without loss of limbs or extremities. Hmmmm.
:giggle: Good luck with that one! Maybe lure him in with a nice warm bowl of veggie oatmeal? Now, don't you chomp on Dr. Sam's fingers, Duds! She needs those to take care of 90% of the rat population in Toronto! :wink2:

Haha... Gina, you and me the same, if one of mine stick their fingers in the cage and there's a quick lunge and bite... the first words out of my mouth are: what did you do to the rats? lol ...and the worst thing is there's not even a scratch and my 19 and 17 year old act like they've been mutilated. :roll:

Today must be neuter days... Morris is going in as well.

Good luck Dudders and Morris. :heart:

hahah you guys and your kids are so funny :D Nobody i know dares stick their fingers anywhere near the cages, even though i know for a fact my boys wouldn't bite anyone. I sit with all 5 fingers through the bars on a regular basis lol.
Good luck getting Dud to the vets Lilspaz :D

I am sure we are both going to end up with sweet boys who happen to be gorgeous! I am dying to kiss and cuddle the monster. But not just yet. :)

I am sure Dr. Sam has done seriously aggressive boys before, Vanessa had most of her crew neuterd through her. This is my 2nd only for aggression. the others were just because I have intact girls :)

Oh and Theo is booked for 2 weeks. :)

Snip Snip Dudley :lol: LOLOLOL

I hope everything goes well with that crazy munchkin. Did Dr.Sam mention she's seen Dudders before? :D

bruxxy said:
Snip Snip Dudley :lol: LOLOLOL

I hope everything goes well with that crazy munchkin. Did Dr.Sam mention she's seen Dudders before? :D

I likely won't see her at all. I dropped off Dudders with Kirsti, and usually pick up from Christine :)

They had to switch him to my file though :)

Back