Meet Dudley Do Bite or Dudders - Neuter Day :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

He's just a silly chock-fulla-hormones boy. He's charging around at high speed on my couch...grooming madly, sniffing, but no serious signs of aggression. I think a neuter should settle him down huuuugely.

I took him off the cage (he got on the top by himself) with my Wildling gloves and he was terrifed of them. I just popped him onto my shoulder.

Tomorrow I will likely lie on the couch and just let him explore me, but try not to let my hands come near his mouth just in case. I'll pretend he's a young Shrek and see how that goes. :cheeky: He's really excited, but he stopped and ate some veggie oatmeal from a dish I held.

Gonna let him roar around out here on the couch/table and wear off some energy...he's been cooped up for a bit and needs it.

His colour is definitely different to me...the red eyes with the beige or light fawn or something dilute... :laugh4:

Dudley5jan19.jpg

Dudley4jan19.jpg

Dudley1jan19.jpg

Dudley2jan19.jpg

Dudley3jan19.jpg

Dudley6jan19.jpg

That boy is my Touille's doppelganger! No exaggeration!

Color is so hard to tell from pics but your boy is in the same tone as my Touille and nobody could define his color either, if there's any difference there your guy might be a little more intensely colored but from pics can't even say that for sure. And everything else is identical! Face shape, ears, eyes, all his physical characteristics! Also his stance, his way of holding his head, even his charging around and sniffling. If I told Simone this was Touille she'd believe it... Heck, I'd believe these pics were him!

What a handsome little hottie! I sure hope he's good & gentle to you! (it'd be against nature to be close to that little man and not mush him)

lilspaz68 said:
He's just a silly chock-fulla-hormones boy. He's charging around at high speed on my couch...grooming madly, sniffing, but no serious signs of aggression. I think a neuter should settle him down huuuugely.

I never thought about it before, but if someone took my "boys" away, I'd be more pissed off then ever :p

So you think its mostly hormones eh? Well thats good to hear. He should be a million times happier too once he's with other rats.

I checked online and I'm almost positive he must be champagne. The description is "an evenly warm beige with red eyes" and that sounds a lot like him.

bruxxy said:
So you think its mostly hormones eh? Well thats good to hear. He should be a million times happier too once he's with other rats.

I checked online and I'm almost positive he must be champagne. The description is "an evenly warm beige with red eyes" and that sounds a lot like him.

Time will tell with the little bugger...but so far so good...he was taking cheerios from my hands easily...just a bit of a snatch :D I sing to him, which he thinks is funny :lol:

I remember Dominic hunting for any piece of flesh he could clamp onto and grind down like a bulldog on. :shock: He would run and launch himself at you! He was my scary dude :cheeky:

lilspaz68 said:
bruxxy said:

Time will tell with the little bugger...but so far so good...he was taking cheerios from my hands easily...just a bit of a snatch :D I sing to him, which he thinks is funny :lol:

I remember Dominic hunting for any piece of flesh he could clamp onto and grind down like a bulldog on. :shock: He would run and launch himself at you! He was my scary dude :cheeky:

Hehe I was singing to him too and he wasn't really sure what to think of it.

Dominic sounds really scarey :shock: ...good thing Dudders doesn't charge. He just likes to lure you in first I guess...sneaky little stinker.

I was thinking that to...I have boys who will be a year old in a couple of weeks and 7 month old boys and he looks a bit more like the younger of the two....maybe around 10 months.....

Dudley's first session started off a bit rough. He poufed up, he rushed around rubbing, running at me (I don't know him well yet, so I just kept my hands hidden and him away from my face). At one point he was foufing at me, and chattering his teeth. I laughed at him, he really was a funny little dude, but was still very wary. He hates his back touched and jumps away. Then I went to the computer for a bit...he calmed down and waited for me to get back. I think he likes to perform. I went away again and this time found him on the floor...uh oh. :undecided:
So I tried to scoop him up but I did have to restrain him somewhat. He was terrified!!! He is so full of fear and hormones it makes him a bit irrational at times. :(

I popped him onto my shoulder where he ran back and forth all upset and unhappy. I stayed still and talked to him and kissed the butt flying by. He eventually settled and I was able to take some pics of him :)
Dudleyonshoulderjan20.jpg

Dudleyonmyshoulder2jan20.jpg

then he crawled onto the back of the chair. When you touch him he makes a scared noise like a creaky metal gate...the lightest touch will get you this awful noise. So I held his side gently against my face and talked to him until he stopped. then he let me pat him all over, and even sat on my shoulder and groomed. :)

Look Ma, NO Blood!
Duddleyallowingpatsjan20.jpg

I am very pleased at how well things went tonight. :thumbup:

Hi craziness is understandable with what he's been through. When he gets comfortable with you and in his new home, he may become more aggressive so be on the alert.

jorats said:
Hi craziness is understandable with what he's been through. When he gets comfortable with you and in his new home, he may become more aggressive so be on the alert.

Yep thats what I was thinking too...he's already showing tendencies on the couch..totally different boy from that first night. He's waiting at the cage door right now staring at me...I think he's bored :(

Back