Maritime Shack Fest: wonderful visit, photos Page 4&5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where would people choose to meet?

• Fredericton: Odell Park

• Moncton: Centennial Park

• Sackville, NB: Waterfowl Park

• Saint John: Irving Nature Park

• Truro: (suggestions needed for venue)

• Somewhere else: specify in a post

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been out of the loop lately....Ang and I may make an appearance depending on how I'm feeling. Having a lot of medical issues with my Thyroid :(

I might make an appearance with the boyfriend if his work schedual allows it! No clue as to what i would bring yet though but i'll figure that out before then.

It's always hard to tell in the Maritimes! The forecast had been for sun, then last night I saw that things had changed. There will be some rain tomorrow, which is a bummer. But if it is showers, we may get really lucky. In any case some of us will be there rain or shine. The Visitors Centre has lots of places to get out of the rain.

MaryCayden said:
Yes well im very upset. We walked for an hr and drove all that way and couldnt find anyone!
I don't think you went to the same place - we were there from 1pm to about 5:30pm and then went for a short walk, so.........
I guess next time we should exchange some cell phone #s.

MaryCayden, I am so sorry that we missed you! Did you see the map that I'd left a link to? And yes, it would have been better to have cell numbers. I was on Facebook and the Shack from my phone a couple of times, but did not see any messages.

The sad news is that Mary Cayden could not find us, and twitch did not realize it was today (she was going to send her last rat back to Arlene via eagle).

The good news is that seven of us had a wonderful visit, ending with a walk through the Waterfowl Park and then a rat rescue by Joanne with the help of SQ and Godmother.

So wonderful to meet eagle, Kimber, and Joanne. :joy: So good to see Lindsayfawn & dubchick again. We need to do this again next year, maybe in Truro?

aww Carolyn that sucks. You should have texted me.

Here are a few pics from yesterday

Eagle, Kimber, Joanne, Ang, SQ, Godmother, and me and sparky lol
DSCF0012-5.jpg

DSCF0010-7.jpg

We went for a walk around the water
DSCF0015-6.jpg

DSCF0023-2.jpg

DSCF0024-1.jpg

DSCF0022-3.jpg

Sounds like a nice day wish I could have made it but its my oldest daughters daughter's B'day so we had a happy 20th party for her last evening and hosted a Fathers day brunch at my home this morning (everyone just left like 5-10mins ago) it has been a very busy few days here at my house.
Now off to clean the rat cages then a Nap, maybe... and I have tkts to see The Green Lantern tonight at 7pm...I really hope I can get that nap in...but the dogs have not been walked today... :( ...my shoulder and knee hurt so bad I am not sure a walk is in the cards I really need that nap...

Hope you decide to do this again I would really like to join next time.
BTW Lindsay are you loosing weight? you look great...

Back