Maritime Shack Fest: wonderful visit, photos Page 4&5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where would people choose to meet?

• Fredericton: Odell Park

• Moncton: Centennial Park

• Sackville, NB: Waterfowl Park

• Saint John: Irving Nature Park

• Truro: (suggestions needed for venue)

• Somewhere else: specify in a post

Results are only viewable after voting.

Godmother

Although everyone would probably love to get to the Fest at Moon's place in July, I know that not many from NB/NS/PEI can make it.

Would there be any interest in having something in the Maritimes the weekend of June 18th? Choosing a venue might be tricky. Suggestions are welcome, because I don't know much about NS.

Some ideas are in the poll, but other ideas would be welcome.

Sackville is a tiny place in NB right near the NS border, and it is very pretty. It has Mt Allison University, with a nice campus close to Sackville Waterfowl Park (a plus for the nature lovers). There is a cute little coffee/sandwich shop on Bridge Street, not too far away.

TorachiKatashi said:
I vote everyone hop on the boat and come visit Renee and I! Ask PitLuvs, the boat ride is tons of fun! xD
:rant:

Haha, the boat wasn't that bad actually, the weather was horrid. I could have lived on the boat, if it stayed at port lol

Id be ok with closer to the border, as I am sure I am the only one this far out willing to make the trip. Whats another hour or two driving right? I just like Truro, since I have met there a few times for ratters.

Somewhere near the border of NS and NB would probably be the most fair for everyone. I know the town of Amherst is on the NS side, but I don't really know the town to say where a good gathering place would be.

That would be so awesome! Sackville would probably be the best as it's in the middle of everyone :) Yay!!!! So excited to meet up with everyone

Sure, would be cool! I'm not too keen on bringing my ratties though - I know if they ever got away from me, I'd never be able to catch them, so I don't take them outside to play.

This is such a neat idea! I would really love to join- but if it's going to be the weekend of June 18, well that's my due date. So sadly enough, I'll probably be quite busy, or too tired to make the trip to Sackville- or wherever it's taking place.
Hopefully this could become an annual thing?

I think the NS/NB border is as fair as you can get - people are coming from both directions, so that is pretty central. I think I'm the furthest from NB in Windsor (unless someone from CB is coming) and I *think* it's about 2 hours.

So who is up for Sat June 18 in Sackville, NB - near the border between NS and NB?
We are running out of time if people want to do this ....
Let godmother know who will be coming and what you can bring. :thumbup:

Back